Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know if there's a circuit board behind the blank tab next to the active lane assist? I'm wanting to pop it off so I can put a switch on the blank tab.
If this is possible, please post pictures of how to do it.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,140 Posts
Should be able to look up behind the panel by removing the fuse cover in the dash (red arrow):

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gesture Automotive design

·
Registered
'21 GT Manual
103 Posts
While we're talking about blank switches, I bought what was technically the most expensive version of the forte at the time, the Manaual GT, and it has a staggering amount of blank switches next to the shifter. There's like 5 or 7 or some ridiculous number. Blanks make me angry, I mean I get that I didn't get a GT2 package, but still, they could have molded a different plastic surround for it.

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Registered
113 Posts
While we're talking about blank switches, I bought what was technically the most expensive version of the forte at the time, the Manaual GT, and it has a staggering amount of blank switches next to the shifter. There's like 5 or 7 or some ridiculous number. Blanks make me angry, I mean I get that I didn't get a GT2 package, but still, they could have molded a different plastic surround for it.
There are in fact 4 switch positions in the bezel around the shifter, and at least 2 of them should be used, for the heated seats that I'm pretty sure come with every GT. Another should be used for the drive mode selector switch, or does the GT manual not have that? The last one, the middle one on the driver's side, is never used on American Fortes, because the heated steering wheel is not offered in any US Forte trim level, apparently. Having a Canadian GT Limited model, I can tell you that it has ZERO blank switches anywhere. That's quite a feat, and it's something even some very expensive luxury brands struggle to achieve in their interior designs.

The thing that really gets me on my car is that every single light is an LED... except for one. For some reason I will never understand, the bulb to illuminate the trunk interior is an old-school incandescent bulb. At some point I will need to upgrade it to an LED because first of all, how dare they do this to me, and second, it offers a mediocre level of illumination.

It's funny the silly little things that just drive us bonkers.

·
Registered
'21 GT Manual
103 Posts
There are in fact 4 switch positions in the bezel around the shifter, and at least 2 of them should be used, for the heated seats that I'm pretty sure come with every GT. Another should be used for the drive mode selector switch, or does the GT manual not have that? The last one, the middle one on the driver's side, is never used on American Fortes, because the heated steering wheel is not offered in any US Forte trim level, apparently. Having a Canadian GT Limited model, I can tell you that it has ZERO blank switches anywhere. That's quite a feat, and it's something even some very expensive luxury brands struggle to achieve in their interior designs.

The thing that really gets me on my car is that every single light is an LED... except for one. For some reason I will never understand, the bulb to illuminate the trunk interior is an old-school incandescent bulb. At some point I will need to upgrade it to an LED because first of all, how dare they do this to me, and second, it offers a mediocre level of illumination.

It's funny the silly little things that just drive us bonkers.
The Manual does not have heated or cooled seats. The only button near the shifter is the sport button. And even then, there is only two modes. Normal, and Sport. Since you are constantly chaining how you shift based on your brain's mood the car is always in "smart mode" :ROFLMAO:
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Manual does not have heated or cooled seats. The only button near the shifter is the sport button. And even then, there is only two modes. Normal, and Sport. Since you are constantly chaining how you shift based on your brain's mood the car is always in "smart mode" :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 85034
Does the manual use a different bezel with 6 switch positions instead of 4? The automatics only have 4 buttons. The lower two blanks on the right simply aren't there. I know the Canadian Forte 5 GT MT (which is the manual) has the same 4 buttons, and I've seen pictures of US Forte GT manual cars with just 4 switch positions. Here's a picture taken of a 2020 Forte GT that Car and Driver tested in 2018 (the review was originally published in October 2018), so it's probably a pre-production unit.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Speedometer Plant

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the manual use a different bezel with 6 switch positions instead of 4? The automatics only have 4 buttons. The lower two blanks on the right simply aren't there. I know the Canadian Forte 5 GT MT (which is the manual) has the same 4 buttons, and I've seen pictures of US Forte GT manual cars with just 4 switch positions. Here's a picture taken of a 2020 Forte GT that Car and Driver tested in 2018 (the review was originally published in snaptube vidmate October 2018), so it's probably a pre-production unit.

View attachment 85037
I noticed that too it's different

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,140 Posts
2022 (from Kia.com):

U.S. GT 6 spd manual:

Car Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Steering part

U.S. GT DCT:

Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

U.S. GT-Line:

Gear shift Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Speedometer

U.S. FE (auto):

Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle door Personal luxury car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts