Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Forte Koup 2.4L SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2013 2.4L keeps on blowing an ignition fuse when I'm driving. I don't know what's blowing it.
High RPMs wont blow it. It sounds odd but it wont blow if I load down the engine. It randomly just blows, no given time. Its also only when I'm driving.
Anybody had this problem or know what's the cause?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Does your check engine light come on and do you have any codes stored?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check engine light comes on and off, and its for a catalytic sensor. Currently there isn't any codes now.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
There are three ignition fuses (and what they protect):

Ignition1-A fuse in dash:
PDM, EPMESC Switch, EPS Control Module Control Module

Ignition1 fuse in engine compartment:
Ignition Switch, Button Relay Box (ESCL Relay (IGN1))

Ignition2 multi fuse in engine compartment:
Ignition Switch, Start Relay, Button Relay Box (ESCL Relay)

I looked in the service manual for help but there is no diagnostic for these fuses (that I could find)...best I can do for you through the computer.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, didn't know there was 3 IGN fuses, glad you specified.
Will keep diagnosing, thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup figured it out. its the ignition condenser. its a small square assembly, look it up. any dealer close to you should have them in stock

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup figured it out. its the ignition condenser. its a small square assembly, look it up. any dealer close to you should have them in stock
This is great news congrats, where exactly is this black box located could you offer me some insight?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you look into your engine bay, look to the back right side of the engine. there should be a cluster of modules, one should be the condenser.

This is what it looks like.

Heres i diagram that i refered to. remember that the diagram is faceing twards you, which is the exhaust side, so flip it around and youll get a good idea of where the condenser is. (back, right). The part number is 27325B. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts