Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i was a big dummy and a loud mouth and accidentally just blew the mic on my handsfree. Is there anything i can do about this? is it worth fixing? people can still hear me but im muffled and far away and its horrible sound quality (understandably so.)

If anyone has any suggestions that would be 10/10 amazing, and if anyone knows the price range (or if it would just be better to have a garage look at it) that would also be extremely helpful. Also I know nothing about cars and this is one of the most baseline models that doesn't have a cruise or anything (idk if that changes something.)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Reactions: Ashley98

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This should be easy. The microphone is located in the roof panel, near the driver's side sunvisor. Here's how to remove it:

And yes, the title says inspecting, but the removal or reinstallation is the same procedure.
You may want to check in a salvage yard for a used microphone.
Thank you so much!! I was having such a hard time finding a straight forward answer! <3

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
Yeah just do what was said above lol. If a speaker and/or mic is blown or damaged, the only thing you can really do is replace it...they're not serviceable (repairable) items.

Also on a side note...you can actually get factory cruise control for less than 50 bucks :p...did it on my 2017. All you gotta do is get a steering wheel bezle thing from a model thathas CC and get the wiring harness, its plug and play because all Kia models have CC programmed into the vehicles computer, when you get it as an option, you're just buying the switch lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts