Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my right rear speaker is blown in my Koup. I called the service dept at my dealership and ended up leaving message saying this is what's wrong and I bought my car May 8th so it can atleast be acknowledged until I make make it to my dealer five hours away.

My settings are:
Bass - 4
Mid - 0
Treb-4
Fade - Fr +4
Balance - neutral

The stereo has never pounded (16 is my max level) and is all stock. I think the Forte sounds pretty good for stock so what should I do ?
Do I let the dealership tear into my car and replace it?
Or will I notice a difference if I were to by new speakers all around and do the install myself?
I'd prefer to be the one getting behind that plastic panel. If there would be enough gain in speaker only replacement with no sub or amps installed that seems like an ideal opportunity.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Looking at your eq settings, I'd say the type of sound you want should start at a good set of replacement speakers. +4 on the bass on a nice set is doable. I'd recommend jl Audi vr's as they are good bang for the buck when it comes to non-amped replaments. Kenwood excelon 1720/1730 P's would do well too, as would alpine type R's, Polk momos, and jbl power series

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ! I'm looking at Alpine Type R's right now. I assume the front speakers have a stock crossover to them as well so a Type R component replacement upfront should be relatively easy to swap since there will be enough room ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i blew my 10" type R sub, and now i got the type E. i think it sounds fine, cant really tell the difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Thanks ! I'm looking at Alpine Type R's right now. I assume the front speakers have a stock crossover to them as well so a Type R component replacement upfront should be relatively easy to swap since there will be enough room ?

the originals have a capacitor on the tweeter (hack crossover)

there's lots of room for an "R"'s crossover though.

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts