Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had engine failure! 2013 forte sedan 2.4 mpi theta2. What is the latest info on recall coverage? Anybody know what steps to take? Second owner. Religious maintenance since I've owned it. Started with light ticking then metal found in oil filter! Keep finding articles about coverage, but no luck so far at dealer. Of course its NOT paid yet!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
7-8 years old, primary warranty over by age.
2nd owner, 10 year powertrain warranty gone (unless it was a kia certified dealer purchase).
How many miles on car? Kia extended engine warranty ON SOME MODELS so you need to check on that possibility.
Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was purchased at kia dealer. But primary warranty has expired. 98k on it. However, in my eyes and according to what I'm reading a recall is a recall for engine failure! Hopefully i can get the ball rolling on this thing. They can't pick and choose which ones they replace... give or take if its got excessive miles or bad maintenance

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
… Started with light ticking then metal found in oil filter! ...
So there is light ticking and metal in the filter, and that's it? Did you see this metal yourself and if so, how much was there?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
It was purchased at kia dealer. But primary warranty has expired. 98k on it. However, in my eyes and according to what I'm reading a recall is a recall for engine failure! Hopefully i can get the ball rolling on this thing. They can't pick and choose which ones they replace... give or take if its got excessive miles or bad maintenance
Check your paperwork! If you bought it from a dealer was it a "Kia Certified Used Car"? If yes, you have the full 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts