Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been on the hunt for a little bit trying to find a blow off valve for my 2016 Kia Forte Koup SX Turbo. I called my dealership, asked for the parts department, gave them my VIN number - and they told me my car wasn't a turbo (which is clearly incorrect).

I would like something that is similar to this video: (will post link shortly as my post count is 0 as of right now)

I will be calling my dealership again shortly to see why they didn't recognize my car as a turbo.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Why do you need BOV? Is it damaged?
And are you looking for OEM or aftermarket?

Finally, if it is broken - why not have KIA replace it under warranty? 2016 - I doubt it has more than 60k miles... although it is possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you need BOV? Is it damaged?
And are you looking for OEM or aftermarket?

Finally, if it is broken - why not have KIA replace it under warranty? 2016 - I doubt it has more than 60k miles... although it is possible.
The BOV I have is fine and in perfect working condition, however it doesn't make the noise I want it to. I would like more of a louder air release sound.

I'm really left with OEM parts, otherwise Kia said it would void my warrenty. My car has 42k miles on it at the moment. I have bumper to bumper until 60k and powertrain until 100k.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You can just remove the hose going back to the air intake from the BOV if you want some extra noise. You could try it and see if you like it. Just plug up the intake hole.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
You can just remove the hose going back to the air intake from the BOV if you want some extra noise. You could try it and see if you like it. Just plug up the intake hole.

By doing that you will the the pshhh...
But it will never be the loud sound aftermarket makes with sound plates.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That's true, but it doesn't cost anything and may be all he needs to be happy. Personally, I just want quiet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will give it a try and let you know how it works out.

Thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
That's true, but it doesn't cost anything and may be all he needs to be happy. Personally, I just want quiet.

I agree.
I tried the loud version for a while and it was kind of... obnoxious, hideous.
I would rather have a bit more spool whistle and mainly nice deep rumble under moderate to WOT throttle.

However, now, when driving EV - the perspective is completely different.
I guess, KIA will need to find a new home...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The BOV I have is fine and in perfect working condition, however it doesn't make the noise I want it to. I would like more of a louder air release sound.

I'm really left with OEM parts, otherwise Kia said it would void my warrenty. My car has 42k miles on it at the moment. I have bumper to bumper until 60k and powertrain until 100k.
It's not the BOV, it's the stock intake. The airbox sucks and it's stupidly quiet. Swap it with an aftermarket (preferably K&N) and you'll hear the BOV. The valve is fine, it's just the plastic airbox that's dampening it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts