Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 2010 Kia Forte LX, 5speed, my first new NEW car ever, and i'm really excited about it!

i'm browsing around for options right now, and my local aftermarket shop says they are not available. but i'm looking for the blue headlights.

i would tell you the number of the headlamps i need, but my car is in the shop right now.. 520 miles on it, and someone T-Boned me right before making my first payment! :mad::( anyone know of any that i can buy online?

as far as i can tell there is a seperate bulb for lo-beam and a seperate one for hi-beam. best i can remember i think it was possibly a H11b? but don't quote me..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
you'll need a h11 xenon hid kit. if you want a blue look, go for either 12000K or 15000K temperature. check out www.ddmtuning.com theyve got some good kits for cheap. i would get a slim ballast kit because there really isnt a lot of room in the forte to mount the ballasts. gl! oh and if im not mistaken, h11 kit for low beam and h1 kit for highbeam. so if you want both done, you'll need two seperate kits but low beam is really enough

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was actually thinking about getting some HID's, but theres a problem? When i had my MAZDASPEED Protege, and put hids on it, there was a little rubber peice that the wires went through, but when i look at the Forte, these a complete dust cap that covers the whole light assembly. any ideas?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Drill a hole in the dust cap. I think it was a 1" hole and any el cheapo wood boring bit will do the trick. The DDM kits come with a grommet on the harness so it's safe from the elements, after.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There has also been another solution posted where the vent hose is removed and the wires run through there, but the DDM kit (and likely others) will come with a grommet, so it's far simpler to just install it the way it was intended. If you ever decide to reverse the install, it's only maybe $6 for a set of new dust caps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i recently bought a 2010 Kia Forte LX, 5speed, my first new NEW car ever, and i'm really excited about it!

i'm browsing around for options right now, and my local aftermarket shop says they are not available. but i'm looking for the blue headlights.

i would tell you the number of the headlamps i need, but my car is in the shop right now.. 520 miles on it, and someone T-Boned me right before making my first payment! :mad::( anyone know of any that i can buy online?

as far as i can tell there is a seperate bulb for lo-beam and a seperate one for hi-beam. best i can remember i think it was possibly a H11b? but don't quote me..
Why do you want "blue" headlights? You do realize that the higher up in Kelvin you go the harder it will be to see at night? I bought HID's for my Passat a while back and decided to go with 8K. They were super white with a blue hue to them. The visibility was phenomenal. IMO visibility outweighs the blue appearance high Kelvin put out. Just be smart about the decision you make.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you'll need a h11 xenon hid kit. if you want a blue look, go for either 12000K or 15000K temperature. i just put my 15000K bulbs in today and they look sweet. check out www.ddmtuning.com theyve got some good kits for cheap. i would get a slim ballast kit because there really isnt a lot of room in the forte to mount the ballasts. gl! oh and if im not mistaken, h11 kit for low beam and h1 kit for highbeam. so if you want both done, you'll need two seperate kits but low beam is really enough
:eek: I would hate to be in front of you with those lights beaming into my eyes.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ive got them angled down so theyre NOT beaming into anybodys eyes and i have yet to be flashed at. as for visibility, i can see fine. i started out with 6000K and now im at 10000K. and its not like the decision you make is going to impact the way your headlamps look forever... if you want a blue look then go for it. if you decide you dont like it then change them. it takes like 15min to swap out different bulbs. i personally didnt like the 6000K. bottom line is, if you dont like the bluer lights then spend $15 dollars for new bulbs and take 20min out of your day to change them

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're probably one of the few who actually angle your lamps. A lot of fools up here just slap on some 10K HID's and that's it. Especially in the Fort Worth area, ignorant people. I remember 10 years ago when the whole street racing car modification era came alive. Everyone and their mama had blue light bulbs. But anyway, to each their own, right? If he wants blue, then he should get blue bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts