Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I purchased a 2010 Forte Koup in October. I have never been able to sync my basic phone to the bluetooth in the car. I have found snipits here and there describing the bluetooth and "a compatible phone". Does anyone know where you can find a list of compatible phones? I really don't want to go get another phone and it not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
this is a recurring problem with many forte owners i however have not had a problem with this i have streamed my music without a problem i have a 2011 sx koup and a droid incredible

·
Registered
284 Posts
this is a recurring problem with many forte owners i however have not had a problem with this i have streamed my music without a problem i have a 2011 sx koup and a droid incredible

Cool - so 2011 models support music over bluetooth?
I have a 2010 and havent really messed around the the music x-fer settings since I have a usb drive, but does anyone know if this is a feature in 2011's?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks crazyjoefound.

Do you know if this is only in 2011's or 2010's too?
I dont see an option in the BT settings on the forte for music over BT, but on my phone (blackberry 9700) I do see some advance options for the bluetooth forte device.

Guess what I'm asking is - was this a setting you setup on your phone to push music via BT or was it setup on the forte when you connected the phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too have a lG rumor 2, and I am unable to connect it to my Bluetooth. If anybody knows of a compatible phone list, can you please post a link?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know if it helps anyone but I have the Rumor touch and connected to the Forte.

Yes - I was debating on whether to upgrade to the Rumor Touch but didn't want to until I found out if it would def work.

Do you like the BT in the car? I see so many complaints about the phonebook having to sync up every time you get in the car and about some message saying "connection complete" while you are listening to the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2001 Forte SX Koupe streams music fine using a Iphone 4. Just press aux button without anything plugged into usb jack and phone will appear with bluetooth symbol on top of menu. Then open any music app like pandora or ipod and it should start streaming. There is a incoming level adjustment in the bluetooth menu of the car that needs to be adjusted for louder response. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2011 Forte SX and it works fine with my iPhone 4G. It plays the music over Bluetooth with out any cables. I love it. And the quality sound is great. It's a good way of playing you music with out having to buy any fm transmitters or cables.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love my bluetooth on my 2011 Koup. I have a Sony Xperia X10, no problems syncing up and blasting tunes. And i get about 50 feet of bluetooth range within direct sight

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had my bluetooth set up and working fine but once my android system updated I can't get it to recognize my car or my moms. Usually it will say "Forte" or whatever under the thing and now there's nothing there. Sad story.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had my bluetooth set up and working fine but once my android system updated I can't get it to recognize my car or my moms. Usually it will say "Forte" or whatever under the thing and now there's nothing there. Sad story.
I'd certainly try deleting the vehicle from the phone and the phone from the vehicle and repairing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts