Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried reading the manual but it's pretty much useless. I have my phone paired and that works fine. My issue is when I get in the car and they pair up downloading the phone book takes forever (5min or so) and it won't allow me to make any calls with the voice prompts. If you hit the bluetooth button it just says "Downloading Phone Book". Then after it completes I get the prompt "Transfer Complete". If I make a phone call it's all fine until I hang up and want to make another call. At that point it has to download the phone book all over again. Am I do something wrong? Is there a permanent way to store the phone book into the stereo?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am by no way an expert but I can tell you this when you shut the car off it dumps the phonebook from memory. Any other time it should download when it first connects and then keep it the rest of the time.

I havn't ever had the issue with it dumping the phonebook after it downloaded it. Might have a faulty radio, and I would get that checked out quick because I thought I read the warrenty on radio stuff is pretty short.

·
Registered
108 Posts
sje0123 -

As I pointed out in another thread (somewhere or another..), I have found out our Bluetooth will pair BLAZINGLY FAST if and ONLY if (are you ready for this?) you have a USB memory stick in your USB slot, and are listening to an MP3 file using the AUX function on your radio.

I had noticed my damn phone taking FOREVER to load if I try to go into Bluetooth Setup and then Select Phone (I have both my personal cell and my work cell paired in my Forte). BUT! I noticed that if I did the same exact sequence IF I was listening to an MP3 file on the USB stick, my phone would pair and transfer the phone book in mere SECONDS, NOT MINUTES!

AMAZING! I did, however, find out something intriguing... when I had to take apart my dash to install the KIA Factory Remote Start (I can't recommend it enough for all of us that have an automatic transmission!), I found that the Bluetooth stopped working when I had removed the module behind the dash that had the USB port in it. Once I put it back on, the Bluetooth started working again. I can only surmise that the Bluetooth circuitry is co-located within the USB module, and surprisingly, works much FASTER if you're accessing the USB port (i.e. playing an MP3 file from a USB memory stick).

I do know that the phonebook from your cellphone will not permanently transfer into the Forte Bluetooth, but transfers each time you pair up the phone into the Forte.

I have found this to be 100% true in my 2010 Forte sedan. Try it in yours and tell us what happens.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ckadiddle -

In my personal cell, I have about 40-45 entries; in my work cell, I have about 30-35. I realize others have HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of entries.

I merely wished to point out that I have had those 45 entries take over 5 minutes (perhaps 10?) to transfer into the onboard system when I have the radio off. When I have the radio ON playing an MP3 file from the USB stick, the transfer at WORST takes about 15-20 seconds TOTAL. As I stated before, I can only assume it's because the Bluetooth circuitry is co-located in the USB Aux audio in module (behind the dashboard inbetween the 2 12-volt power outlets).

All I can say is this: get a USB stick, pop on an MP3 file, play the song, and THEN tell the Bluetooth system to go to Setup, then Select Phone, then YOUR cellphone. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the increased pairing and phonebook transfer speed.

Let us know what happens in YOUR car. I happen to have an LG Cosmos and a Motorola Razr cell, and they both exhibit this behaviour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts