Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a iphone and when it connects the ipod on my iphone will not connect to the system, and the USB connection errors out when I plug in my iphone, what’s upsetting is that the dealer is telling me that the USB connection is working and when I showed him with 2 different cables that it isn’t they still insisted that it was the cable.

Has anyone experience this problem, and if so what did you do to resolve it?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Forte bluetooth does not support A2DP stereo bluetooth profile. You need the kia ipod cable to connect, control, and listen to music off your phone.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The KIA USB Ipod cable has two connectors on it. 1. USB and 2. Stereo jack.
The USB connector is used to supply power and control the ipod by stereo/steering wheel buttons. The stereo jack is what the music actually comes out of. Therefore the stereos are receiving an analog signal and not digital via usb. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats strange so my 20,000 + car cannot support but the Rio I bought my daughter does, how _ _ _ _ _ _ up is that

·
Registered
288 Posts
We also got jipped on automatic climate control and outside temp readout.

Btw fox - you didnt add that the usb also allows data indexing for audio file tags to show on the stereo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was totally stoked about the built-in bluetooth before I bought this car; Pops just got a Kia Soul, and I used the bluetooth to stream music from my phone a few times...automatically assumed the Koup would have the same functionality. Was crushed when I realized yesterday after buying it that it only worked with phone calls.

I'm going to hold out hope that somehow, someway, Kia enables that ability somewhere down the line with some sort of software upgrade. Haha. Glad I kept my 3.5mm cable from my Civic in the meantime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts