Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Kia Forte EX yesterday. I was trying to pair my bluetooth phone to it this afternoon, following the instructions in the manual. I press the button, say "setup", and a voice says something in a foreign language. Is there some way to make it speak, and understand English?
thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried again today, and still can't get it to work..I press the button on the steering wheel, and there is no voice till I say something....I say "setup", and the voice replies "delto". One time it said something pretty fast in English, but I couldn't understand everything it said....I again said "setup", and it replied "delto".
thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want to change the language, there must be no cellphone paired with your Bluetooth system. Unpair your cellphone and try what (K)illed (I)n (A)ction said.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never got my cellphone paired with the car. May be one from the previous owner...How do I unpair one? I still can't get my cellphone to pair with the car. All I get is the "Deldo" when I say anything. I hold the steering wheel button and there is no voice...till I say something.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I press the button on the steering wheel, and there is no voice till I say something
Not just press... press and hold. From the response (or lack of one) I think you are just pressing the button. Hold it (around 15 seconds) until you hear the language prompts.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've held it for much longer than 15 seconds. After a while, the radio display changes from "listening" and goes back to the radio station.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my issue: I hit the bluetooth button, then hold it for a long time (>15 seconds). The french woman comes on and says "pardon". I never get a language change option/ voice prompt, even if I continue to hold the button. It just says pardon again twice then goes back to radio function. What should I do?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got my language to change, after holding the button for a long time....almost a minute. Got my phone paired with the system. Couldn't get the voice dial, or phonebook to work. I could receive calls thru the bluetooth, but to make a call, I had to dial with the cellphone, then press the talk button on the steering wheel to transfer the audio to the bluetooth system..A couple days ago, I tried making a call with my phone, and it would only work using the bluetooth. I turned bluetooth off on my phone, and made my call. Now it won't connect again. I deleted my phone from the system, re-paired my phone, tried to connect, and it always says "connection failed".
Now what?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sheesh just go to the dealer. When we took delivery of our forte 5 SX the salesman explained the bluetooth to my wife while i signed off on the walk around inspection.

The dealer should have never let you leave without getting it setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, I hold down the hands free activate button (right hand side of the wheel) for as long as possible, but I never get any cycle through languages. All I get is "pardon" and then hands free shuts off. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.