Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I receive a call on my phone and it is connected to the car audio, I don't hear a "ring" through the car audio speakers. Is there an option to turn this on in the car or is this just the way it is with this particular car?

I've missed several calls cause I had the radio on and didn't hear my phone ring...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thats odd. When my phone rings, it will cut all music audio for an incoming call and play my ringtone. You 'paired' your phone with your vehicle in the setup?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
And make sure that the bluetooth connection on the phone is turned on. If I restart my phone it doesn't automatically turn bluetooth back on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, the phone is definitely paired and connected, but the ringtone doesn't play on my car speakers, when I connect the call, it works fine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! I knew that one was coming... nope not on vibrate. I suspect it might be the ringtone itself maybe, I'll try another one tomorrow. Right now I'm relaxing on the couch with a good brew!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ive got the same issue, my dads ford truck has the whole bluetooth thing and when someone calls him on it, it rings through the speakers. mine just goes quiet and i look at my screen like an idiot wondering why my music isnt playing lol then of course i realize someones calling me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There is a volume for a ringtone. The radio will only play the ringtone that came with the car it will not play the phone ringtone. Read the manual and look for volume control for bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car doesn't play anything at all. Phone is def. connected, vol on car for phone is up, but no sound at all when call is coming in, either from phone or from car. Checked vol on phone as well to make sure it wasn't set to silent. Maybe it's the phone? :confused:

·
Registered
769 Posts
My phone itself will ring if i dont have it on silent but nothing will come from my speakers until i answer the call.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've noticed the same thing with my iPhone 4. I have it set to vibrate and ring at the same time. I usually have it in my pocket and feel it vibrate then look at my head unit to see who is calling me. I have been wondering about this as well. Thanks for putting the question out there MtnGoat. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My phone itself will ring if i dont have it on silent but nothing will come from my speakers until i answer the call.
This is exactly what mine does...

I've noticed the same thing with my iPhone 4. I have it set to vibrate and ring at the same time. I usually have it in my pocket and feel it vibrate then look at my head unit to see who is calling me. I have been wondering about this as well. Thanks for putting the question out there MtnGoat. :)
Guess we're gonna have to learn to live with it... I sat in the car this morning for about 30 minutes, changing ringtones, changing settings on my phone and the car and no luck. Looks like it's a phone issue. Gonna try it with my wifes phone (different model than mine) and see if that works.

I'll let ya know

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's definitely the phone. Went out with my wifes LG ENV and it works like a charm. Rings through the car audio just as it should.

Oh well, one more thing on the list of things that DROID DOESn't

·
Registered
511 Posts
OK, I'm totally illiterate about Bluetooth, but I have an idea to try out. As far as I can see the ring volume and incoming voice volume are separately adjustable. The manual says:

To adjust the ring volume, push "+" or "-" on the steering volume controls. Volume adjustment cannot be made using the audio system.

My idea is that perhaps what is required is for you to increase the volume as described above while the phone is ringing.

As to why your wife's phone rings but yours doesn't is that probably separate volume values are stored for each linked device.

On the other hand, we have four fingers and a thumb... :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
My iPhone 4 works perfectly, you might want to check your car settings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, I'm totally illiterate about Bluetooth, but I have an idea to try out. As far as I can see the ring volume and incoming voice volume are separately adjustable. The manual says:

To adjust the ring volume, push "+" or "-" on the steering volume controls. Volume adjustment cannot be made using the audio system.

My idea is that perhaps what is required is for you to increase the volume as described above while the phone is ringing.

As to why your wife's phone rings but yours doesn't is that probably separate volume values are stored for each linked device.

On the other hand, we have four fingers and a thumb... :D
I had my wife call me and while it was ringing I turned up the ring volume on my steering wheel and now I can hear the phone ring over the stereo speakers. Thanks for the tip! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has the standard ring that comes with the car AND my phone still rings ... I do have an issue with the car actually connecting to the phone ( and yes its set to always connect ) where i have to delete the connections on both my cell and the car ... not sure why this happens... any on have an idea?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's definitely the phone. Went out with my wifes LG ENV and it works like a charm. Rings through the car audio just as it should.

Oh well, one more thing on the list of things that DROID DOESn't

What Droid do you have? I have a Droid X and I have the same issue that you do. It worked with my blackberry but not with my X. So I had my buddy (who also has a droid x) pair his phone with my car and his would ring through the radio. I thought it was my phone. I went to VZW and convinced them to give me a new phone and they did. Tried it with the new phone and still wouldnt work. Maybe it had something to do with setting on my phone compared to his. Sat down one night and we both looked over the setting and they are the same. Next step for me was the google account that the phone was setup with. I created a new goole and did a factory wipe and set it up using this test e-mail account and it still didnt work. IT drives me insane! I dont know why it doesnt work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts