Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Windows Mobile phone. I was trying to call a contact on my phone and after saying "Call XXX on Mobile....yes" then the bluetooth system made a dialing tone but the phone didnt try to dial...then after a while the bluetooth system just cancel itself and went back to play audio...

did that happen to other people? I am guessing, maybe is my phone...:(

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
No, It happens to me too... It seems to me that it is a Windows mobile issue.... I have a Samsung sch-i760 w/ WM 6.1... Its intermittent, I haven't been able to identify what exactly causes the issue..

·
Registered
746 Posts
Anthony Have tried the software update for youre phone?

Ris, you didnt mention what wm phone you have. If it is new or fairly new it may have software update(s) too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Happened on my Nokia (s60, not WinMo) and BlackBerry as well... and a zillion other phones all over the continent. Talk to your dealer, there are two software updates for the radio that may help, and if not they'll replace it with an improved unit.

I had software version 1.03, which is the newest, and mine still did it. The trick seems to be if you do NOT get the extremely annoying "Transfer Complete" message, then your deck is crap - if you DO get that message, then everything should be dandy.

Kia has had constant trouble with their BT, this is no secret... nearly every model of car and every series of radio for the past couple years has been plagued by problems. Some of these are because BT itself has gone through several revisions and versions, and it's tough to make something that works perfectly with 'everything' (case in point: Windows). But lately the bulk of the problems have been with the BT antenna/reception/etc and that is something internal, and non-serviceable.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I'm glad (and not glad) to hear that it's not my phone. The dealer automatically updates your vehicle every time you take it to service (US) when they input the VIN number.

About the "Transfer Complete"... I get it all the time, but even then, I have to dial manually in order to place a call.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I get the "transfer complete" message but not on a consistent basis. I've only had about 3 calls cancel on me but if I try calling again it goes through perfectly fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My phone is a Sony Ericsson X1 with Windows Mobile 6.5 cooked rom on it.

It didn't work when I tried to use the Koup bluetooth as a 'handsfree' device. After changing it to 'Wireless Stereo" device, then everyone worked!

Anthony, maybe give that a try?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I don't have that option :(... the only options I have are "Active Sync" "OBEX PUSH" "OBEX FTP" "Handsfree"... Hands free is the only option that it allows for the Forte. This phone was updated from windows mobile 6.0 (it's pretty old, 2007). I still have it because it's one of the few WM phones that Verizon doesn't require a data plan on. I have wifi at home and at school so I don't need it (I just use the wireless on it).

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I did some research... anyone with WM6.1 and lower is screwed, there's been lots of issues with the bluetooth in WM6.1 ... WM 6.5 seems to be the solution.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anthony...change the ROM urself ...download from XDA developer ...just make sure you have your original stock ROM backed-up before loading new ROMs onto your phone so whatever happens later, you can still load your stock ROM back to get your warranty ;)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
The WM 6.5 ROM isn't compatible with my phone... not enough ram

·
Registered
746 Posts
Anthony, did you upgrade youre phone to the latest from Samsung?
I mentioned it prev post. If after that or you have the latest already for youre phone it maybe the bluetooth in the car. More than one vehicle & phone is having these issues:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts