Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a shot in the dark...Does anyone know if you can stream music over bluetooth in the 2010 SX models? No Nav.

The phone function definitely works over bluetooth but is there a way I can stream music over bluetooth instead of using the iPod cable?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I don't believe you can, that I know of.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You can. Connect the Bluetooth, Push the aux button twice and it'll say mp3 play, start playing music!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
This topic:
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-audio-video-electronics/4706-bluetooth-streaming.html

This post: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/60604-post11.html

Seems to indicate that it can although there are others that said the 2010 cannot. I know my 2013 EX Sedan can with an Android phone, but I have no idea about an iDevice.
My wife has a 2010 Soul, and Bluetooth streaming doesn't work. The radio doesnt support that protocol. It started with the 2011 models. If you can find a head unit for 2011 and up, you can swap them out and be able to stream.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well tried pressing the AUX button twice tonight and no luck. Yeah, it looks like I'm out of luck unless I swap head units. Not that big of a deal to me but it would have been nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I've got a 2010 SX Koup and I can stream via my BT.
Just like he said. Wait till the BT syncs, then hit aux twice. It says "MP3 Play"

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just a shot in the dark...Does anyone know if you can stream music over bluetooth in the 2010 SX models? No Nav.

The phone function definitely works over bluetooth but is there a way I can stream music over bluetooth instead of using the iPod cable?
Yea you when your phone reads that it is hooked up just go to aux and it should say aux mp3 then just go on your phone to you mp3 music on your phone then push play and it will work :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got a 2010 SX Koup and I can stream via my BT.
Just like he said. Wait till the BT syncs, then hit aux twice. It says "MP3 Play"
Doesn't work for me for some reason :confused:. I wait until that damn voice says "transfer complete" and the little bluetooth icon appears on the radio...then I press AUX twice and nothing. Doesn't do a damn thing.

Doesn't make any sense to me now...not sure how some 2010 SX's have this function and others don't.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can one of you guys that have a 2010 SX model try the following for me and let me know what software version you're running...

1. turn ignition to ACC or ON position. If the radio turns on, press the power button to turn it off.
2. press and hold preset buttons 1 & 4 for two seconds or more
3. press preset button 1, four times in short sequence
4. the software version should be displayed at this point

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
G1.5. A-200TDUSB
S/w: V1.05.USA
EEPROM: TD20EG4A
I just tried on mine and it works!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, now we're getting somewhere!

Here is mine:

G1.5. A-200TDUSB
S/W: V1.01.CAN
EEPROM: TD20EG36

Seems my software version is old! I noticed on the KGIS site that there is a download for the Koup audio software, but it appears to be for the 2013's only that are experiencing audio distortion...so that wouldn't apply to me. Hmmmmm...gonna dig a little further :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well after some digging around on the KGIS website I can't find another download other than the latest one listed for the 2013's. Not sure if I should take the risk and try that update...

I could also go to the dealer and ask them to update the audio system, but I guarantee that they'll give me the "are you effing kidding me" stare and tell me it can't be done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah. I have the same problem. I searched but was not able to locate anything about how to either upgrade my stereo software (2010 koup SX), or managed to get it to play the music through Bluetooth.
Pressing the AUX twice doesn't work for my unit.
Please help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Doesn't work for me for some reason :confused:. I wait until that damn voice says "transfer complete" and the little bluetooth icon appears on the radio...then I press AUX twice and nothing. Doesn't do a damn thing.

Doesn't make any sense to me now...not sure how some 2010 SX's have this function and others don't.

Mine does not work , I am a computer tech and actually got in argument with a Kia tech who said it can play, Her tried for a long time and could not get it to work either. Funny though because my Phone (android) shows that a little head phone symbol in BT Menu when it connects?. I have sold 4 cars to friends and relatives and all models even 2 2010 EXs seem to play fine. I dont understand it myself. :confused: I use a retired 8 GB Iphone and a 16 GB memory stick , at least they work.:)

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I didn't think mine worked either but I eventually figured it out. I had to make sure my iPhone was already playing (seems like duh huh right) and hit aux twice the first time. Screen displays mp3 when it's in that mode. Now all I do is hit aux once and then I can hit play on the phone and it works. It's nice bc of no cables but I think I get a little better sound quality using the cable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
34 Participants
alexthefifth
Kia Forte Forum
Forte Forums are where you can talk about the latest Kia sedans including the Kia Forte5 and Kia Forte Koup.
Full Forum Listing