Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it's been said before that streaming music via bluetooth was not possible, however I've also seen people say that they can successfully stream music. I searched and only came up with a few threads that did not help. Is there a way to get my vehicle to stream music from my phone? I currently have a Motorola Droid and drive a Forte Koup (2010). Was there a firmware update or something that I perhaps missed?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Plug your droid in via the usb cable and if like my htc legend you can play the songs as if it was a usb key. From what I know no Bluetooth streaming.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i can do it no prob just press the aux button twice if you got music on your phone
I just tried this and it did not work with my HTC Legend. I am assuming you have nothing in the usb when you do this. As it just says no media.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2010 Forte SX with stock head unit and it plays music from my iphone via Bluetooth just fine. It was a great surprise as I thought it would only do phone via Bluetooth but I opened up my ipod app and tried it and it worked.

·
Registered
695 Posts
no

@when you plugged your incredible in did you set it to mass storage mode
if you plug you usb cable into the car and then into your droid incrediable you can turn the mass storage mode on and that will allow you to listen to the music on your phone as a thumb drive.

You can use your headunit controls or steering wheel controls with that method also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To stream Pandora via blue tooth and a USB device plugged in ... Make sure the blue tooth connection is complete before trying anything. Once the connection is completed push the Aux button two times. First time takes you to USB Device and second will take you to MP3 player, which is Pandora... Make sure volume on the phone is all the way up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, in buying a Koup Monday, I was excited (my wife own's a 2012 Optima) to be able to have full Bluetooth integration. I was saddened to discover that I could not play audio, my connection is only voice (Windows 8 phone). I tried the suggestions above from Benjamins link and the double Aux did not work at all, so I'll have to test the cable method.

So, right now, I am playing the hop game between a plug and use Bluetooth dongle (I hate cables all over my car) for audio, and the car built in for voice (ya, my Bluetooth Dongle doesn't support Voice, fail).

Thoughts?

MK

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
bluetooth streaming works for me with my iphone 4s and my Blackberry Z10 , i will test my HTC 8X tomorrow atleast inhe 2013 Koup

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Forte and bluetooth works fine for the phone but I cannot get it to use Bluetooth to stream mp3 from my phone. It is a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Any suggestions?

Others have said other phones work - I have tried and tried and it even says it is paired with car multimedia but the music still comes out the speaker of the phone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about model year changes, but my iPhone 4S streams in my 2011 Koup with no problem. The only issue I have is that the usb port doesn't charge my phone, which isn't surprising since the phone is newer and Apple seems to muck with the charging compatibility constantly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 2010 forte does not support A2DB profile (required for music streaming). There are no software updates or work arounds. It was implemented in the forte only in 2011.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.