Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW DO YOU TURN OFF THE VOICE RESPONCE WHEN YOUR BLUETOOTH TRANSFERS EVERYTIME YOU GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAR. THE MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN IS COOL, BUT THE VOICE IS A BIT ANNOYING.
EVERY TIME YOU GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAR!!!:confused:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah..a bit of overkill. I'd be great with a text message on the screen and leave it at that. Maybe they'll do a TSB for it down the road. SO annoying to have it interrupt the radio every time.

·
Registered
513 Posts
if you have an iphone.. go into bluetooth.. select forte.. and turn off transfer address book.

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you have an iphone.. go into bluetooth.. select forte.. and turn off transfer address book.
After doing this, are we still able to dial numbers with names like "call home" or "call booty call" (only joking)?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you turn off the transfer address book then you can't voice dial. The reason that it transfers the address book is so that the stereo has a copy of it in its internal memory for voice dialing. Yes, doing this will stop the annoying message, but it also turns off voice dialing by name, saying the number would still work.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you turn off the transfer address book then you can't voice dial. The reason that it transfers the address book is so that the stereo has a copy of it in its internal memory for voice dialing. Yes, doing this will stop the annoying message, but it also turns off voice dialing by name, saying the number would still work.
Have you tried this JibbaJabba?.. because I turned it off sync address book and I can still use the voice dialing features. It works great for me. If you ever need to update your address book you need to turn this back on obviously. but the forte does download and store a copy of the address book.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Have you tried this JibbaJabba?.. because I turned it off sync address book and I can still use the voice dialing features. It works great for me. If you ever need to update your address book you need to turn this back on obviously. but the forte does download and store a copy of the address book.
I'll try this tomorrow and report back! Thanks for the tip. :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry, didn't try it. Strange that it works as the reason why it syncs the address book to the car is so it doesn't have to search the phone's address book over bluetooth, it has a local copy instead.

Wasn't trying to talk out my a$$ on this, just the logic of it seems flawed. Thanks for the info gwildor

·
Registered
513 Posts
the logic is totally flawed.. I can't argue that. I don't have multiple devices, but I would be curious to know if you could dial a contact from another phone.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just tried with an iPhone 3G and doesn't work. It does connect to the phone, but when I hit button and say "call home", it just says cancel and turns off. It does this no matter who I tell it to call. Turn the sync contacts back on and it works fine. How exactly are your settings under Bluetooth? What iPhone are you using?

·
Registered
513 Posts
the other thing to consider.. my forte being pretty new, and yours being a bit older than mine.. Maybe there is a firmware upgrade in the stereo software.

·
Registered
211 Posts
During the first pairing, the sync takes a bit longer, because your phone copies the address book to the car. Every subsequent sync is just a check that the phonebook is the same as before. I only get the "Transfer Complete" message if I edited my phone book.

·
Registered
513 Posts
During the first pairing, the sync takes a bit longer, because your phone copies the address book to the car. Every subsequent sync is just a check that the phonebook is the same as before. I only get the "Transfer Complete" message if I edited my phone book.
Blackberry?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nokia. My E71 (and E66 before it) would let me know what's going on on-screen:

Initial or change in phonebook: PC Sync > Transferring Contacts > Sync Complete (on phone). Then the car chimes in: "Transfer complete".

Subsequent: PC Sync > Sync Complete. No feedback from car, BT symbol comes on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nokia. My E71 (and E66 before it) would let me know what's going on on-screen:

Initial or change in phonebook: PC Sync > Transferring Contacts > Sync Complete (on phone). Then the car chimes in: "Transfer complete".

Subsequent: PC Sync > Sync Complete. No feedback from car, BT symbol comes on.
I get the transfer complete, even if I stall the car and re-start the engine. (No changes in my phonebook)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts