Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through kiatech.com (free to register) I found this bit of info.:)

**First**
With all the types of phones, different OS, bluetooth versions KIA is not the only car having BT related issues. If youre phone or handheld device has a software or firmware upgrade posted on the phone manufactures site ex: Samsung, LG, PAlm, HP, Blackberry, etc. and no brick related issues are posted youre probably safe to follow their instructions to upgrade youre phone or handheld device. Next...

The Phone system in KIA can register up to 5 phones. Through the controls on the dash it is easy to delete the pairing if experiencing BT issues. Here is how to delete the Phones that are registered. Then do the re-pairing and see if the issues are resolved. If not resolved the issue may very well be the BT in the head unit.

***Deleting phone***
The registered phones can be deleted.
1.Press the
button.

2.Say "Set Up".
3.Say "Delete Phone".
4.Say the name of the contact, the number of the contact or "Delete all phone".
5.Say "Yes".

·
Registered
15 Posts
people cant hear me talking

everytime i try to make a call or answer a call, the people on the other line cannot hear me and say all they hear is nothing but static so i turned off my bluetooth. are any of you guys having this problem as well? how do i fix this?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there have been murmours here & there of bluetooth update...but none that have made it out in production yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a new phone and can use my Bluetooth in my 2011 Kia Forte Koup. Works without any problems. My old phone, I would have to manually pair it every time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bluetooth Caller cannot hear

My car has been at the dealer for a month. When i purchased the car, i immediately told them the BT doesn't work correctly. I have been to the dealer 5 times - this time they kept it. Called in a tech from Alabama, he said it is a known issue in 2013 SX - First i've heard of it. They told me nothing could be done. they will need to set up a recall and CREATE an update - could be months or years.

Totally think it is BS that they know and nothing is done.

Totally pissed off at KIA.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
My car has been at the dealer for a month. When i purchased the car, i immediately told them the BT doesn't work correctly. I have been to the dealer 5 times - this time they kept it. Called in a tech from Alabama, he said it is a known issue in 2013 SX - First i've heard of it. They told me nothing could be done. they will need to set up a recall and CREATE an update - could be months or years.

Totally think it is BS that they know and nothing is done.

Totally pissed off at KIA.

If they've had it for a month AND you have brought it to them 5 times for the same issue, you have the option of a buy back under lemon law.

The Bluetooth is built into the radio head unit. Have they not just replaced the radio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is what I am pursuing at this time. I picked up the car today and they told me it was really nothing they can do, there's a new software update that hopefully they'll have out within months to a year but other than that I'll be notified.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They told me they replaced the head unit and the microphone and the wiring two separate times and it didn't affect it at any point.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
They told me they replaced the head unit and the microphone and the wiring two separate times and it didn't affect it at any point.

Go to another dealer. Start the buy back process, but get that second opinion in the meantime.

Another option: buy a stock radio such as this http://bit.ly/1jAl7lY and swap it out. (Just don't buy one for a 2010 model....2011-2013 only)

Then test it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts