Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bluetooth Problem

All of a sudden my cars bluetooth will not access my phonebook on my phone. I have a Tmobile G2 and I have never had a problem with it. The phone will use the cars bluetooth to make the call if I go into my phone contacts and select the number there. Or it will work if I tell the car to dial a number I know by heart. But who memorizes numbers these days??? LOL Will disconnecting my car battery and reset the damn thing resolve this? :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ROOTED my phone and put a new ROM on it, but it was working and now it isn't, that may have something to do with it but before I put it back the way it was I want to see if anyone else has had this issue and found a fix since, restoring my phone is a long process and the new ROM is KICK A$$!

·
Registered
593 Posts
2.3 should be out soon for the G2 and really 2.3 does not add all that much. As you've found out, unrooting from 2.3 can be a real pain. HTC says that they will release it Q2. While this should be taken with a grain of salt... and TM will still need to add some bloatware, it should not take too long.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually got the 2.3 G2 rom last night and it works great, super fast I didn't want to go back to 2.2 if possible. Works fine with the car. It boots with the Tmobile logo and all. I think I came across it on XDA. It is supposed to be the final release but I haven't seen it any place else. WORKS GREAT. Just thought it was weird it worked with the one ROM for a little bit and all of a sudden stopped. But we are good now. ROM sucked anyway since it was a memory hog.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My phone, since upgrading to android 2.2 won't recognise my car, or my moms Soul. I tested it with hers just to see if it would work. I don't have anything else bluetooth to test it with. Lame :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.