Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the onset of cold weather (20's) we have seen the appearance of creases in the rear quarter panels and both doors of our Forte Koupe. The creases are in the same locations on both sides of the vehicle. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When we took the car to the dealer monday they acted like they had never seen anything like it before. They took photos and said they would send them to Kia and would get back to us in a few days. Still havn't gotten a call. When we asked if they had any idea what type of remedy there might be the service rep didn't really know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealership stated this is a characteristic of the car and have a nice life. Great customer service:( Now we wait for the service rep sometime in the next month to month and a half. Next stop... our attorney.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ok, so first the service dept at the dealership acted like they never had seen or heard of this problem NOW they say that where the creases are stress points and ALL of the Forte Koup's do this. Yea right. The only response we got from them was that we could contact KIA if we wanted to but there was nothing the dealership could do since it was 'normal'. We LOVE this car but the 'oh well' attitude of the service reps really stinks. Hopefully KIA will have a better attitude. :( :( :(

Looks like future legal action. Anyone interested in joining?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Found a new crease today! Vertical right behind the drivers door. We are up to at least 7 now. Don't want to get rid of the car but we didn't pay for one with wrinkles. Maybe the wrinkles are something extra that was thrown in with the deal! We'll trade the wrinkles for lifetime Sirius radio!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Today the rep. from kia called, stated they are aware of the problem and have no solution for a fix. I guess now it is time to start writing letters of complaint to kia. Tomorrow the attorney will be brought in to assist. We did not buy a new car to have it look as if it was entered into a demolition derby.

I am curious as is "jerb" is this common in the 2011 models as well????? Did Kia fix the problem in the 2011?

I think us Forte owners need Kia to hear our concern and complaints!!!!!!!

I am also curious if the European version Certa? i think have the same issues ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
After our lawyer got involved KIA replaced our doors. Now they are in
the process of replacing our quarter pannels. We hate that it took a lawyer to do what the company should have acknowledged and done for
a customer.
So far so good with the doors though. It was in the high 40's here overnight and the new doors are PERFECT. The car happened to be at the dealership and the rear quarter pannels wrinkled. The service manager marked & measured all the creases before it went to the body shop.
Can't wait to have the car back!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

KIA is well aware of this problem. When we first started tackeling this problem on our own they told us they knew about it, weren't sure how to fix it and good luck to us. It wasn't until we got a lawyer involved that they fixed the 2 door pannels and rear quarter pannels by replacing them. Unless things are different there be ready for a struggle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well here we go again !!! The temps. have cooled to the high 30's to low 40's and the rear quarter panels are creasing again. Took it back to KIA this morning (50 degree's) and the same response NOT OUR PROBLEM. Contacted the attorney again to start over. Considered trading the car, pulled a carfax and the repairs show (16 hits). There goes any trade in value along with the dot stickers in place of the vin stickers on the doors. Stuck with a dented car that KIA does not want anything to do with. Hopefully the attorney will have better luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I guess this is only a 2010 koup issue. I noticed this problem when we first took it back to kia on the new 2010 koups on the lot as well. These creases do go go away when the the weather warms. The creasing is on the doors and the rear quarter panels to include in front of the rear tires on the lower part of the quarter panel just behind the doors. They also appeared on the pillars between the side rear windows and the top of the quarter panels. Different places on both sides of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.