Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Forte people my name is Bomber. Im new to the forte forum but not new to forums and cars. I've most recently had a 2018 Civic SI that I was trying to go pretty in depth on with a build but had nothing but bad luck. The car was hit a total of 3 times during my ownership.... all 3 the car was parked... legally to not like and a$$ in a loading zone or something. So I realized the time had come for something new. Searching around I found the GT for a great price and exactly how I wanted it. Base, no GT2 and a DCT... im over the manual for now, 10 years of manuals was long enough. I wanted the base as a balance of weight to off set the DCT, no weight up top with the sunroof, and no leather seats as I plan to have them redone. There are no real crazy plans set out as I am trying to keep that 5 year warrant in place... at least on the motor lol. If it can't be taken out in a day before service ill probably hold off for a little on it. Plans right now are tints, lower it, possible axle back exhaust, intake, leds everywhere, and interior. May also pick up a set of wheels but I like the oem ones on the car... but may powder coat them. If anyone is interested in how the progress with the civic went check out my previous forum. bomber si coupe
I attached a couple pics for you guys to enjoy and the new baby is in there to looking stock as hell lol.

Also if this is a repost its cause I believe I put it in the wrong place first. All forums I've been on have a build diary or journal section but I didn't see one here.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,428 Posts
Reactions: Bomber_GT

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forteforums has a "Showcase" section where you can display your car and build.

Showcase | Kia Forte Forum (forteforums.com)

Did you delete your first post?
I think admin deleted my first post. And I saw the showcase section but I’m trying to log my progress over time not just a list of parts and a few pics. If you look at my old forum linked in my post you’ll get a feel for what I’m going for.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,428 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Fire Orange Kia Forte GT
103 Posts
Bummer on the Civic. It looked sharp. I like coupes but not practical for me. I wish the US got the Forte5 GT. That said I like my GT with the GT2 package. I drive in a big city and have no desire to manually shift. I do that enough on my cycle. My seats are comfy and supportive but are faux leather. I forget what Kia calls it. Besides the DCT in the GT2 package, I really like my ventilated seats as well.
Never owned a Civic R but the GT is pretty fun. I smile every time I drive it. Have fun modding it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer on the Civic. It looked sharp. I like coupes but not practical for me. I wish the US got the Forte5 GT. That said I like my GT with the GT2 package. I drive in a big city and have no desire to manually shift. I do that enough on my cycle. My seats are comfy and supportive but are faux leather. I forget what Kia calls it. Besides the DCT in the GT2 package, I really like my ventilated seats as well.
Never owned a Civic R but the GT is pretty fun. I smile every time I drive it. Have fun modding it.
Thanks El, the coupe life is definitely one I am over now lol!
Forteforums has a "Showcase" section where you can display your car and build.

Showcase | Kia Forte Forum (forteforums.com)

Did you delete your first post?
how do I delete it?

·
Read Only
23 Posts
Katskinz is the only place for the leather seats that I found and 1800 installed front and rear was a good price. However they can't put the GT logo on the seat because of copyright issues. I didn't want to spend the money and not have them look like the factory.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small update. Car is going in for paint correction and tints on July 12th. The dealer left scratches all over the hood, I believe they were trying to scrub everything off the paint before they delivered it to me. Defiantly just took a dirty towel and scubbed as hard as possible. I replaced the front and rear kia badges with KDMWarehouse's Vintage Ks checkered with matte black, and removed the forte letters on the rear. The KDMWarehouse badges are nice and solid, but the double sided tape was overhanging the badge a little and the tape securing the K is white so from the side up close you can see it. but no one will notice it except for me lol. Im going to be starting with all the basic boring stuff for this car. Ordering leds and bumper plugs this week and a few other small parts before I get onto the fun stuff. But 2 weeks in I am really loving the car, there's always room for improvement but its fun and has a decent sound to it from the factory.... but needs more low. also disregard how dirty the car is, my detailer asked me to not wash it to much until he can correct the existing damage. So for now Im just hosing it off ever few days lol.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received my license plates finally so no more paper tags, I also put in the order for custom plates but that can take a while to get. The universal tow hook front mount plate thing from amazon and the gloss black pillar panel overlays showed up so I threw them on. The car is slowly getting to where I want. The LEDs are due to be delivered on Wednesday and Monday the 12th she is going in for paint correction and tints. Still needs more low tho.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small update as I've been super busy. Car went in for paint correction and Tints a few weeks back. @TNJMobileDetailing in Bergen county NJ also has a physical shop not just on site services. Nice new shop with clean floors and a great atmosphere so you know they care about detail. They are located right next to a tint place so that was taken care of the same day. 35% all around for the tints and I also ordered the side amber overlays for the headlights to smoke that out. I put LEDs pretty much everywhere I could except for the rear blinkers, couldn't reach it and didn't want to take the bumper off, so for now those will remain the way they are. I also replace the rear GT badge with a black and red one and place GT badges on the fenders. May replace the rear badge again with the ones to match the fenders, just like the style better. The Yellow Speed coilovers arrived quick and have been sitting in my trunk for a few weeks now. Not to sure when those will go on, may wait till after winter instead of putting then on then having to winterizing then in 2 and a half months. I have a couple more small items coming but Im mostly waiting on a few sxth element items to be back in stock, and waiting for a few of their new products to release. But she's getting better and better looking by the day.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Purchased the Evilla Axleback with sport series muffler. I give the whole thing a 7 out of 10. The sound is a 10, very bassey and great shift sounds. But the exit pipes from the muffler to the tips are clamped at the muffler side and then supported with supplied hose clamps, this feels very cheap and the photos on their site is a full welded system. This also makes it super hard to get them even from the back. Im happy with the end result of sound but I keep checking the back to make sure the home depot hose clamps don't break and drop the tip to the ground. Also put the eyebrows on, they came unpainted even tho I purchased the painted ones 😂 but screw it just threw some vinyl on it.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Purchased the Evilla Axleback with sport series muffler. I give the whole thing a 7 out of 10. The sound is a 10, very bassey and great shift sounds. But the exit pipes from the muffler to the tips are clamped at the muffler side and then supported with supplied hose clamps, this feels very cheap and the photos on their site is a full welded system. This also makes it super hard to get them even from the back. Im happy with the end result of sound but I keep checking the back to make sure the home depot hose clamps don't break and drop the tip to the ground. Also put the eyebrows on, they came unpainted even tho I purchased the painted ones 😂 but screw it just threw some vinyl on it.
I think the reason Evilla designed them that way is very simple: They had to do it so they could ship them! If the system was all welded up the shipping box would be oversize and we'd have to pay extra for shipping - if the shippers would take the larger box to begin with. I don't fault Evilla for doing this...:)

I ended up torqueing my clamps to 100 ft-lb to secure them! If you want it to be secure and not worry about the clamps coming loose you could have an exhaust shop finish welding it all together.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the reason Evilla designed them that way is very simple: They had to do it so they could ship them! If the system was all welded up the shipping box would be oversize and we'd have to pay extra for shipping - if the shippers would take the larger box to begin with. I don't fault Evilla for doing this...:)

I ended up torqueing my clamps to 100 ft-lb to secure them! If you want it to be secure and not worry about the clamps coming loose you could have an exhaust shop finish welding it all together.
Oh yea they definitely did it for shipping cost which I get, but I wish it was just specified on the site. I don't fault them either and the build construction is great with super solid welds. I already reached out to a buddy that's an awesome welder so that will be taken care of this weekend. Other than that I am loving the sound, may end up doing their mid pipe down the line, I wish it was a tad bit louder.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Oh yea they definitely did it for shipping cost which I get, but I wish it was just specified on the site. I don't fault them either and the build construction is great with super solid welds. I already reached out to a buddy that's an awesome welder so that will be taken care of this weekend. Other than that I am loving the sound, may end up doing their mid pipe down the line, I wish it was a tad bit louder.
If you get the mid-pipe with no resonator it will be louder! BUT I think you'll end up with a drone - go with their sport resonator!.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
631 Posts
Looks good! But Xforce does the same thing for their tip pipes. This allows or up and down and left and right adjustment if required. I'm glad it's set up like this because when I swap between quad tips and circular tips, I need to move the pipes up and down slightly to adjust for the different tip sizes.
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Grille

1 - 16 of 16 Posts