Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a 2017 Kia Forte. I got in it tonight to go to work and both of my low beams will NOT work. The high beams and fog lights work fine. I had to drive all the way to work with my high beams on :-( I looked in my owners manual, but forgive me if I sound ignorant, what should I check first? Is there a headlight fuse? Or a relay maybe? Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!!

·
Administrator
584 Posts
This happened on my mother's Spectra; both lowbeam filaments blew out at the same time and she had -no- lowbeams. It's a super random coincidence, but it's possible both your lowbeam filaments have burnt out at the same time.

I'm not very familiar with the 2017 and not sure if it uses a dual filament bulb or 2 separate bulbs. First check the fuses, there may be one for low beams. If not/if it's not blown, you can actually remove the bulb and inspect the filament directly. If it's separated, you need new bulbs.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Yeah check the bulbs first. Is it odd both went out at the same time, sure but it's possible. Start with the most simple and then move on from there. Check the bulbs first. If they turn out to be good then check for power at the wiring connector. If there's no power at the connector then check the fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I have a 2017 Kia Forte. I got in it tonight to go to work and both of my low beams will NOT work. The high beams and fog lights work fine. I had to drive all the way to work with my high beams on :-( I looked in my owners manual, but forgive me if I sound ignorant, what should I check first? Is there a headlight fuse? Or a relay maybe? Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!!

I had the same problem on my 2007 Rio. I fixed it by replacing the headlight switch assembly (the lever on the steering wheel).
I was quoted $200+ for the part but got one for $20 from a junk yard (added bonus - I got to take it off the junk car so I knew how to do it on my car without gouging up the cover)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution? I have a 2017 Kia forte and my low beams quit working. bought new bulbs but even on the new ones the low beams don't work. I've been searching the internet for a couple of years trying to find a solution and haven't found anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts