Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, purchased a 2011 red sx which is being delivered tuesday, adding a R body kit and a rear view mirror with gps/cam in it for the rear mounted camera... I am going in tuesday to discuss other optoins i want as well. I seen user KOUP SXR list of mods and i now want R axel exhaust.. if all goes well i'll be in it by next weekend!!!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Congrats sydneycb!!! I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. I have an SX-R as well and absolutely love it. Post some pics when you get a chance so we can all admire:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats sydneycb!!! I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. I have an SX-R as well and absolutely love it. Post some pics when you get a chance so we can all admire:)
thnks man.. mine won't be a complete sx-r but its a start... I see your mod list and i've got a bit to go...:) i will definitely post pics as soon as i get it home..

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Hi sydneycb, and welcome!

I'm really curious about this mirror you're getting. You said GPS and backup cam? Wow!

Do you know anything about the part? Is it Kia OEM, or an aftermarket unit?

I got a plain rearview, and I've just taken delivery of the Kia OEM autodim/HomeLink/compass unit. Haven't installed yet, so I'm wondering if I'd want to go with what you're getting instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

I'm really curious about this mirror you're getting. You said GPS and backup cam? Wow!

I got a plain rearview, and I've just taken delivery of the Kia OEM autodim/HomeLink/compass unit. Haven't installed yet, so I'm wondering if I'd want to go with what you're getting instead.
I am going in to talk with them tomorrow or tuesday...its getting installed at the dealership but i'm not sure if its kia OEM, i wanted to get a aftermarket alpine dvd/gps unit installed but they tell me it wouldnt fit so he suggested i put in the mirror which has gps and a camera view for the rear mounted cam they are installing, he also told me i could get a dvd screen in the mirror as well but i found that a little over the top but hey i guess some people might want to watch movies in there mirror lol...i'll get back to you as soon as i get the specs on everything

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
thnks man.. mine won't be a complete sx-r but its a start... I see your mod list and i've got a bit to go...:) i will definitely post pics as soon as i get it home..
Awesome, sydneycb!!! I'll be lookin' forward to your pics. I just got my car back from the body shop (some custom work was being done) last week so I'll be posting some new pics soon, as well. Keep in touch & ENJOY IT...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
sydneycb.... Don't forget to check out the GTAFK Klub section of the forums. We have so pretty cool events and even better members. Hope to see you on the streets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here a link to the mirror....
Smart Mirror Navigation

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome, sydneycb!!! I'll be lookin' forward to your pics. I just got my car back from the body shop (some custom work was being done) last week so I'll be posting some new pics soon, as well. Keep in touch & ENJOY IT...
Thanks... they are gettin the car tomorrow and the body kit is being sprayed wednesday... can't wait to see your pics and i'll be doin the same

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Here a link to the mirror....
Smart Mirror Navigation
Hey, thanks for that!

Looks VERY interesting. I think, though, that I'll stick with the mirror I've picked up for my Koup. If it came with HomeLink instead of Bluetooth I might consider it.

However, my wife and I also have an '07 Sedona that could use Bluetooth. And a backup cam, for that matter... Might have to look into this further!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey, thanks for that!

Looks VERY interesting. I think, though, that I'll stick with the mirror I've picked up for my Koup. If it came with HomeLink instead of Bluetooth I might consider it.

However, my wife and I also have an '07 Sedona that could use Bluetooth. And a backup cam, for that matter... Might have to look into this further!
Yeah it looks interesting, i've actually been thinkin about not getting it... do i really need a rear camera? not really lol the gps i would use.. I change my mind on options every few hours i swear.. I'm getting the r body kit and rear LED taillights for sure, but now i'm considering the R exhaust as well...errrrr :confused:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.