Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Forte Koupe SX FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm pretty much a total newbie at this. Right now my 2014 SX is all stock but the exhaust. I can't help but wonder a few things.
Will the turbo fit on the 2.0 EX engine? Adding a turbo to 173 stock HP sounds cool!
Is it possible to convert it to AWD? Also I would definately want it swapped out for a manual. I know that much can be done.
Does anyone know a great source for body kits? If there are any.
And do those performance chips people can buy really do anything? Or is it a waste of money?
20200619_165550.jpg

·
Registered
421 Posts
If swapping out for a manual means selling it and buying a manual one, then yes, totally, and while you are at it, buy the Turbo in manual, and there you have it.

I have the 2.0 Koup Auto and find it quick enough. Yes, the transmission isn't the fastest, but ok. I may invest into a torsion bar for the rear end, to make it a bit more fun to drive through the twisties. I have put (all season) tires, which are a bit overkill for the car, but other than with the stock tires, I am now able to point the car precisely.

Other question: do you want to go to track with it? If so, your mods should be mainly on brakes, bushings and other suspension parts, as well as making sure, you don't overheat the oil. And to bear in mind, a track car will not be a daily driver.
Cheers,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no, and no. Why didn't you just buy a turbo SX manual to begin with?
Why? Easy, there wasn't one for sale, lol.
So don't bother switching to manual, got it.
Don't waste the money on the "performance chip". Don't worry, I won't. AWD isn't possible? Or it would be crazy expensive? It will still be a daily driver. I was just wanting a bit more pep.

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
AWD isn't possible? Or it would be crazy expensive? It will still be a daily driver. I was just wanting a bit more pep.
Oh anything is possible. If you can fabricate custom parts, chase down other parts, do the wiring, welding, tons of research and headache, tear down the entire car, cut and modify the body, etc, or find somebody who does. It's cheaper to buy a few Koups for the price it'd cost you to do it. So short answer is: no, it can't be done. I saw a bunch of people try this (or want to try this) back on my old Tiburon forum. One guy actually got decently far and gave up.

Your best option is to throw some performance bolt-ons at it (intake and exhaust are a good start). Check out some of the vendor's sites for ideas.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
From your picture it looks like you already "one-upped" everyone with your duel outlet exhaust!
Everything on your car is controlled by computer so there is no SIMPLY swapping out an automatic transmission for a manual transmission or bolting on a turbocharger. You'd have to change all the computer data too. Anything is possible...with the right know-how and a big bag of money!

·
Registered
421 Posts
From your picture it looks like you already "one-upped" everyone with your duel outlet exhaust!
Everything on your car is controlled by computer so there is no SIMPLY swapping out an automatic transmission for a manual transmission or bolting on a turbocharger. You'd have to change all the computer data too. Anything is possible...with the right know-how and a big bag of money!
Agreed. I like the exhaust, nicely done. Nuts2ModitUp would you share how you did the diffusor, it's very nicely done. Also, I'm looking for sideskirts like yours.Not to forget, the wheels look great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed. I like the exhaust, nicely done. Nuts2ModitUp would you share how you did the diffusor, it's very nicely done. Also, I'm looking for sideskirts like yours.Not to forget, the wheels look great.
Okay, so a cold air intake then? lol.. I wish I could share that info on the diffusor. Honestly I bought this car exactly how it is. When I got it the check engine light was on. Only needed a tune-up. I can tell you it has two resonators thanks to Master Muffler. I really like the looks of these rims. Eventually I would like to get a spoiler and maybe a hood scoop. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh anything is possible. If you can fabricate custom parts, chase down other parts, do the wiring, welding, tons of research and headache, tear down the entire car, cut and modify the body, etc, or find somebody who does. It's cheaper to buy a few Koups for the price it'd cost you to do it. So short answer is: no, it can't be done. I saw a bunch of people try this (or want to try this) back on my old Tiburon forum. One guy actually got decently far and gave up.

Your best option is to throw some performance bolt-ons at it (intake and exhaust are a good start). Check out some of the vendor's sites for ideas.
What vendor sites?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts