Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Others; pls post reply ..

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys , im driving a Silver forte . recently got my eyes on those colorful BKK on most ride . but rather paint my calipers instead .
So what color do u think i shld paint it ? rims wise oso changing to either matt black or chrome . but to me rims doesn't matter . most imptly is it matches the color of my car ride .
So choose those option above ! Other color recommendation oso entertained . thanks :)

have added a few pic for inspiration ..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seen it done a lot and have heard mixed reviews....

Is it really a do it yourself job... or should you let the pros handle the paint?

Other than that you should go with a yellow or red, or do you already have an off-set scheme color going? Like blue L.E.D.s ...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ive done this, I did red and it looks great...however with silver I think Black would look good... but if you want it to stick out go with red.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hot pink!
ah .. tat'll definitely kill it :\

Seen it done a lot and have heard mixed reviews....

Is it really a do it yourself job... or should you let the pros handle the paint?

Other than that you should go with a yellow or red, or do you already have an off-set scheme color going? Like blue L.E.D.s ...
yes diy-ing it by myself . getting e paint wouldn't be a prob . just tat deciding the color is :(

Ive done this, I did red and it looks great...however with silver I think Black would look good... but if you want it to stick out go with red.
YES , SILVER is so f-ing diff to match . red is kinda common but it does stand out . black's a good color but not sure if it even stands out . it's as though e whole brake pad is cover w dust . yellow .. man i just added tat randomly ..
super dilemma rite now on e color to paint on .

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i say yellow. the whole point of going out of your way to paint the calipers is so it stands out, am i right? so if thats your goal in this, then dont paint them black or silver. go with red or yellow or blue or other bright colors. red, IMO is a bit over done and i had them red on my white koup for a little bit and then changed it to yellow and i love yellow. nice ride tho

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I wrestled with the same problem but decided to go with caliper Covers instead of paint. I'd painted calipers on a car in the past and was disappointed with how quickly they lost their good looks so this time I'm trying something different.

As far as color goes, I was looking at silver, then decided to color match instead with custom engraving.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Leonard....Did you think about going with Gunmetal rims? I have the titanium sedan and had a titanium type colored Dodge Stratus before my Forte. It also had gunmetal rims w/ chrome lip and those two colors just looked awesome together. Already have my rims picked out. Just not sure which size I am going with yet.

Unless you changed colors from the default red interior accents I would say go with Red calipers....Just my .02!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i say yellow. the whole point of going out of your way to paint the calipers is so it stands out, am i right? so if thats your goal in this, then dont paint them black or silver. go with red or yellow or blue or other bright colors. red, IMO is a bit over done and i had them red on my white koup for a little bit and then changed it to yellow and i love yellow. nice ride tho
u got a point but do u think it really matches my ride color ?:/

I wrestled with the same problem but decided to go with caliper Covers instead of paint. I'd painted calipers on a car in the past and was disappointed with how quickly they lost their good looks so this time I'm trying something different.

As far as color goes, I was looking at silver, then decided to color match instead with custom engraving.

ur brake kit cover sure looks good . where did u get those from and how much was it ?

Leonard....Did you think about going with Gunmetal rims? I have the titanium sedan and had a titanium type colored Dodge Stratus before my Forte. It also had gunmetal rims w/ chrome lip and those two colors just looked awesome together. Already have my rims picked out. Just not sure which size I am going with yet.

Unless you changed colors from the default red interior accents I would say go with Red calipers....Just my .02!!!
currently 2 rims that are on hold to match the ride would be as follow

so I guess red has definitely np

I'd go with something like BigE, but on glossy black calipers with silver 'Forte'
hahahhas it's still under my consideration . but hey u did give a good strong suggestion :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
What about blue would match ur lights? And that's different would stand out more on silver or if u could find a paint that lookd blak but shined blue in the sun would be pretty cool

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think blue should be good also instead of chrome rims I would go brushed aluminum or gun metal

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
ur brake kit cover sure looks good . where did u get those from and how much was it ?
I got them directly from MGP Caliper Covers. MGP Caliper Covers

Not cheap because of the custom engraving and custom color about $200 for covers, $140 custom engraving, $100 custom color.

Black is a stock color so, no extra charge for paint and they have the Forte Logo on file now or you could go with no logo or their MGP logo at no extra cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about blue would match ur lights? And that's different would stand out more on silver or if u could find a paint that lookd blak but shined blue in the sun would be pretty cool
but wait is there even such color ?

I think blue should be good also instead of chrome rims I would go brushed aluminum or gun metal
hmm only the above 2 rims are interested by me unfortunately :\

I got them directly from MGP Caliper Covers. MGP Caliper Covers

Not cheap because of the custom engraving and custom color about $200 for covers, $140 custom engraving, $100 custom color.

Black is a stock color so, no extra charge for paint and they have the Forte Logo on file now or you could go with no logo or their MGP logo at no extra cost.
i just check out the website . man just for a cover it cost a bomb . definitely not recommended to myself . however i must say e cover does cover the brake kit nicely !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.