Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I am waiting on my new center hubs that roknrolr posted.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-wheels-tires/757-new-koup-wheel-center-caps.html

When I get these I plan on taking the wheels off and popping the factory ones out. using the directions on the site of drilling and pulling makes me nervous. I am prone to accidents so all I can picture in my head is me running a drill across my rims... So I will take the long hard way.

That being said, While I have the wheels off I am considering painting the calipers. What type of paint should I use? I am not 100% sure I want to do it because I don't know how it will look on the Corsa Blue. I also don't know what color to use. I thought about matching them to the color of the car. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I just figured if I am going to do it this would be the prime time to get it out of the way.

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ordered a duplicolor kit from Jegs on ebay for $17 plus $5 for shipping. They shipped and delivered overnight. The same kit costs ~$40 in the autoparts stores. G2 also makes a kit for ~$35 on ebay. Supposed to be a better kit, but I've used the duplicolor kit in the past without issue.

I would order a blue kit or even red. The blue won't be a perfect match, but it should look pretty good IMO. I painted the calipers on my old tC with the blue kit and the car was a very dark blue...it looked really good.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I was thinking about black calipers for my sedan but after seeing the white calipers paint from g2 I might go that route. Thoughts? White calipers on a Black car?? Not sure.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was thinking about black calipers for my sedan but after seeing the white calipers paint from g2 I might go that route. Thoughts? White calipers on a Black car?? Not sure.
I'm doing mine in red...not sure I would like white. I think it would stick out too much.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally i was goig with either red or black. Decides on Black then I saw the white... The more I think about it, it might be too much. I think I'll stick with black
Black would look good IMO if you blacked out the tails, diffuser reflectors, side mirror lenses...etc. Nice and stealth like.

I don't plan on tinting my tails or anything else, so I am going for a black and red theme.

Everyone post pics after modding please!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have a Corsa Blue Koup and painted the calipers with Duplicolor Blue caliper paint. Came out nicely. I thought about red but it is too bright and I didn't want to "draw" attention to the calipers. The blue sets it off nicely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts