Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the first set of modifications have been done to my car (black koup). I got my windows tinted yesterday with 5% limo all the way around, as well as got my headlights, taillights, fog-lights, side markers and rear reflectors smoked out. All of the smoking was done with llumar film (and yes, it is possible to do the headlights, you just have to find guys that are skilled enough in their trade :)). My taillights and side markers were done with a dark color film, while the headlights, fogs and rear reflectors were done with a lighter shade. It looks fantastic I must say :)

Today, I picked up my badges from a professional car restorer who has been building custom cars and painting for 40 years (he's building a car for one of the owners of the Dolphins for christ sake lol). The badges I had him paint were the "K" badge set, which includes front, rear, steering wheel, and wheel caps. All of the badges minus the steering wheel cap were painted gloss black to match the paint of the car. I also had the guy paint the "koup" badge that sits on the back right, minus the red front half of the K. (forte badge is gone, that's a no brainer) The black badges, wheels, and tint really make this car look sick.. im so happy with it! It looks fucking sweet!

So today after getting the badges swapped, I was headed to the post office, on the way, some dude in a red scion TC was racing up from way back to see what it was I was driving... got behind me and beside me and was looking hard to figure out what it was. A while later, as I sat in a left turn lane waiting, some dude in a black mazda drove by and as he drove by I caught him looking at the whip... then as he passed (he was doing like 25, dude looked back at the car again! stared for like 4 whole seconds as he was like 5 car lengths ahead and driving in traffic, lol I was like yea buddy keep looking hahahaha. it was funny, because I know he was trying to figure out what I was driving, and or just drooling. it felt good :D

I would post pictures, however I dont want to take pics of it until the car is clean... I cant wash it for 5 days because of the headlights etc that I had smoked. I have to give them time to really set in. But I WILL be posting pictures.

LOL btw... took the car to the kia dealer yesterday after I just had everything smoked and tinted... 5 workers came out and were like daaaaaamn lol... it never ends with those guys. They're gonna love the badge modification / paint job.

Cant wait to continue the mods, and cant wait to post pics for you guys!! stay tuned!

2,213 Posts
Lol 5%? I have trouble looking out my windows at night with 15%. I hope the cops are more forgiving in fl then they are in NYC with the tint. Got pulled over today for it, and tinted taillights. lol but yea, let's see some pics!

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here are the pics as promised! round 1 of mods are done!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pretty dope! Can't wait to tint my windows, our black koups look ridicoulously good then compared to the coloured ones.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty dope! Can't wait to tint my windows, our black koups look ridicoulously good then compared to the coloured ones.
I have to agree with you on the color, the black just looks sick. Other than black, the only color koups I like are the racing red, and the blue ones... rest are kinda ehhh. black is hella hard to keep clean though, but when it's clean it's fucking bad ass looking!! :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lol 5%? I have trouble looking out my windows at night with 15%. I hope the cops are more forgiving in fl then they are in NYC with the tint. Got pulled over today for it, and tinted taillights. lol but yea, let's see some pics!
dude cops hardly exist in florida unless your dealing coke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts