1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great freaking news
:)
I wrote brembo and they wrote me back tonight
I just wrote them back too see if they'd drop the price if I find others wanting to buy.
Plz let me know if you'd be serious about putting in a order Thanks in advance

I received some good news from our engineering department.
They’d be able to release a custom kit for the Kia Forte. All the engineering has been done on this for when we worked with Kia on the concept project, but this would be the first one to go on an enthusiast’s car.

The kit would use a 4-piston caliper and a multi piece floating rotor. Stainless steel braided brake lines, high performance pads, and necessary mounting hardware will also be included.
ETA: 4-6 weeks
Retail $3,350.00
Let me know if this is something you’d be interested in.

Thank you,
Danni

Danni Morris

Race Technologies LLC
1590 Sunland Lane
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Direct line (714) 438-1153 F (714) 438-1119
AIM: [email protected]

[email protected]
www.RaceTechnologies.com

Kind of costly but so worth it IMHO hopefully they'll drop the price if there is more then just me buying them.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
holy shit thats expensive. ya id do something performance wise like turbo to make it even worthy of needing to upgrade your brakes. especially when its going to cost almost 3,500 to upgrade lol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ya gotaa see it as these are practically one-off brakes. and their brembos. both factors make the price hi. and even if we don't technically need these and they are the same(basic) price as a turbo its would still be awesome to say you got brembos ON A FORTE

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Give me a month il have the money seriously. Pm me

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
you could probably buy another forte with that money (as a down payment lol)....

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Some one like me that already put so much money into the car wont care how extreme the price is. from new motor to add ons theres no more boundaries. I invested to much money so what the heck lol. Jeff knows that feeling :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
i just dont see the reason for 3,5k brakes i dont see the reason for upgrading the brakes at all just doesnt make sence to me. i mean i would like the car to have power and go fast and such. but after just ridding in my buddys 08 sti makes me wanna tune my car get some performance and but i think im just gonna save money pay my koup off and get a sti

·
Registered
130 Posts
any chance we could just get the calipers? haha

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
So the $22,000 Hyundai Genesis Coupe would only cost $18,650 if that car didn't have Brembos?

$3500 is a considerable amount of cash for racing brakes. PM other racing brake companies to see if you can get a better price. Trust me, there are better places to spend your money...

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Yeeouch!!! Brembo is Brembo, but 3.5k???

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah its a bit costly as I said
that was a one off price.. so that makes it more as somebody posted :)

new news just got a letter back
Hi Ben,

If you think you could get 2 other people to purchase this kit, I could probably get the price down to $2,850.00. This is the standard cost of a GT system with these specs.
I could also get you in contact with one of our authorized dealers who may be able to sweeten the deal further if it was 3+ kits ordered at the same time.

Caliper color would be red, black, and silver.
Rotor type is either cross drilled or slotted.

(You wouldn’t have to all pick the same color and rotor to count towards the 3+ deal)

Best regards,
Danni

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You are making me plan on or dream about spending more money...LOL.....

2,213 Posts
I have brembo on my bike, yea they're good brakes, but it's race application and I don't think anyone is going to be racing there fortes! They drop the price to 2k I'll invest in them. I'll just stick with the kdm ones I seen for $600 with cross drilled rotors and a double piston. Just change the pads to bendix and I'll save $3k

·
Registered
312 Posts
^ Why would you get Brembos and not track the car. Seems pointless. If I'd invested 3.5k in brakes, I'd track the shit out of the car. These cars could easily be made into a decent time attack car (notice I didn't say great) so 3.5k is a bit much but not bad if your going to be using them for "Teh Track".

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm also interested in which previous brakes design Brembo is going to model for the Forte? OP, do you have any idea?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey killed in action, where did you see those kdm brakes

·
Registered
708 Posts
those for just the front? if thats for front and back.. thats a great price.. ssbcs upgrade kit for the ion was 1200 for the front.. 2500 for the back.. and not floating rotors thats beastly setup.. what size rotors are they compared to stock?

and if you're gonna turbo the car.. then doing brakes is a great idea

1 - 20 of 41 Posts