Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it's here! I got the Bright Lip Spoiler in the mail today. It's a nice little unit as you will see below.

A couple of things to note.

1. The unit uses double sided tape to attach--no drill hole required. However, there are some hard mounting points provided on the underside for those who want to make sure the item stays on the car. I thought this was a nice feature!

2. The Bright Emblem. That was gone almost instantly as the letters inside the emblem had twisted with the curve of the spoiler and looked wierd to me. Sure--there is a small but painted indentation where it attached. I am going to get to design what I put there now...if I do anythingat all.

3. Paint Finish... There was one problem area. I am pretty good with paint and I am going to work on it versus sending it back. It looks like something absorbed some of the clear off the spoiler. The SI wing spoiler has much better fit and finish out of the box than the lip Spoiler so far.

4. Shipping--the wing took about 4-6 weeks to get here.

5. Overall I am happy with the item.

6. I won't be able to mount it until after the rain leaves and we have a dry period. I am hoping that is this weekend and I can do it, garage it and then drive it after it has set dry for a few days.

As always, here are the pics....

Out of the Box--in pretty good shape!

The view in my garage of the lip spoiler!
PS: Don't mind the bad guys taped to the wall. They all took multiple head shots at 30 yards with 5.56 green tips.

Same position, lower angle.
PS: There are those head shot victims again... ;-)

View from Above... looks awesome.

Can anyone translate this for me? :p

I am just hoping I can get the spoiler attached shortly to get the updated pics of Roxy with the new look for this months FOTM deadline.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Yllr: I really like it as well. It's much more suited to the lines of the car.

rstp72: It is flexible and looks like it will follow the lines when I install it. It looks like the weather will break saturday long enough to get the spoiler installed.

I hope to have outdoor pics worthy for addition to my Forte of Month submission on Saturday.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey soar4fun,

I just ordered the same spoiler (Silver). Looking forward to reading whatever feedback you can share wrt installation. Plus, did you get the instructions translated or did you just 'wing it...' :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks fantastic Soar! Any chance you could post a link to that spoiler for the rest of us jealous owners that want to pimp our rides out to look as good as yours? I know that would look great on my titanium sedan.

·
Registered
178 Posts
sooo jealous you got yours!!! I have been waiting like 2 weeks now on mine to be shipped....ordered from korea, its not the BRIGHT one its a carbon fiber one...but man I cant wait to get mine... Yours looks good though!!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
to bad they dont have it in cooperhead color and im to lazy to paint it my self

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks good!!! 2 questions

Are you in the airforce?
Do they make a Bright Lip for the sedan?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I bought the Bright spoiler,the Kia dealer was asking $850 installed for the R spoiler,to dam expensive,the Bright cost me $200.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts