Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting brighter backup lights cause' lets be honest, I can't see a damn thing with that car when I back up. Was wondering if anyone had changed theirs and what they think.

Anyway, on ebay I could get some 921 LED backup lights they say are brighter.

Here is the problem. When I go on the superbrightleds.com site they say that the LEDS are not necessarily brighter. Now I know that the Sylvania site have some that should be brighter but I thought that the LED ones should be even more bright.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have changed my 921 bulbs to 6K leds from v-leds. The are not even the brightest ones they have. Unfortunately I can not tell you how bright they are as my taillights are tinted.

The are the brightest ones v-leds have and you
V-LEDS HID WHITE 19 M-SMT 8W HIGH POWER BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923 B/O

They claim to put out 250lm. Not sure how many lumens the stock 16w bulb puts out but that is waht google is for.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Do you notice that none of those listings actually give you no information as to wattage draw or Luminous Intensity. Therefore even though they say they are brighter than standard LED. How bright are they really?

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Do you notice that none of those listings actually give you no information as to wattage draw or Luminous Intensity. Therefore even though they say they are brighter than standard LED. How bright are they really?
exactly!!
i want serious numbers and proof of bright back up lights !!!!!!

just to add
even before i had my windows tinted-
i noticed that the backup lights are kinda weak.

not to mention that the whole rearview thing with this car sucks
inside rearview mirror- sucks
outside rearview mirrors- suck
the singapore folks talking about running their cars into things-
everyone else jumps in saying.....open your door and look backwards and dont fall out........

i want/need bright ass back up lights!!
(they also serve to warn ass holes when they creep to close at stop lights)
so who has some good backup lights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts