Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to get bug guts off my car? Even after I clay bar there is residue left over.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks. And the worst of it is on the black plastic around the fog lights. I'm hopin it takes that off because it's nasty. It's only been a week since my last wash.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
best way, sit down, dish washing soap. it has a degreaser in it that always gets the bugs off. my neighbor introduced me to the method and sure enough, he was right. i decided to trust him because he owns a zo6 and a his wife has one of the new cameros lol so i assumed he knew what he was talking about when it came to keepin the car clean :p

·
Registered
316 Posts
best way, sit down, dish washing soap. it has a degreaser in it that always gets the bugs off. my neighbor introduced me to the method and sure enough, he was right. i decided to trust him because he owns a zo6 and a his wife has one of the new cameros lol so i assumed he knew what he was talking about when it came to keepin the car clean :p
Be careful with dish soap...don't use it too often. It's a citrus degreaser so the acid in it will wear your paint down. They only recommend using it when you do a thorough wash/polish/wax job. The dish soap is good to use before the actual car wash because it gets rid of everything.......including existing wax

·
Registered
30 Posts
Use seafoam product called BugsBgone
Sea Foam | Bugs-B-Gone
Its a secret so don't tell anyone
this stuff is great and I use it for cleaning the windows as per directions allso streak free and spotloss. Just about cleans anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts