Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i am in need for some help with the H11B bulb. if any1 has installed a H11 HID KIT and is savvy with the differences in the bulbs pls P.M. me because i need help. i went to the shop like 20 min ago to get my HID kit installed and the told me that they cant do it because the base of the bulbs are completely different and the wiring is not going to be able to go into the new H11 bulb. here's some pics... the first bulb is the standard H11B in my and im sure everyone elses forte. the second is the new h11 bulb for my HID kit. the mechanic said he has never seen the H11B bulb look like that and he's installed many H11 kits into H11b standard cars. he said there has to be a adapter that works with the kit. i didnt really understand much of what he told me but got the concept. so my question is, 1) is there an adapter and 2) if not, how am i going to get around this problem. i know there are atleast a couple ppl on here that have installed the kits themselves using DDM brand. did your kits work? or what did you have to do to make them work. THANKs so much for anybody that can help me! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did :) just waitin now. i saw the pics and understand them but just wanna see how he got around the problem i am encountering. i know on another forum, and im only assuming its the same person, he said he actually got a adapter for the kit because it the differences on the bulb for the forte. so we'll see!

·
Registered
320 Posts
No adapter needed. The bulbs have the same configuration as far as locking into the housing. The difference in the H11b vs the H11 is the feature called "snap-n-lite". It just means that there is no traditional plug. When you turn the bulb to lock it in place, the prongs on the H11b bulb "snap" into the connector. I showed this in a few of the pics in the link above.

What I did was insert the leads from the HID bulb into the stock connector and secured them with shrink tubing around the connector. The connector is shown, it has two yellow wires and the black and blue wires shown plugged into the connector are the HID bulbs leads. I didn't take a pic with the shrink tubing installed, but it should be self explanatory.

Print the pics out and take them to the shop if you really don't want to do the install yourself. Replied here instead of via PM incase this helps someone else too. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it does. if i can understand what you did, then im 100% sure the guy at gunn auto collision willl understand haha i'll just take my laptop over there tomorrow morning. he was thinking he was going to have to remove the black base of the bulb and splice both that peice and one of the ends on the hid kit fr it to work and he said he wasnt going to do that cuz of liability reasons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts