Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2010 6spd m/t black koup sx and for some reason ive been trying to burn out and my car doesnt want to, a few of my friends have tried to do but it does work. I know the koup isnt rearwheel drive but why doesnt it burn out? has anyone ever burned out in there KOUP?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is traction control the picture of the car lighting yellow looking like its skidding? and what do you mean dont break anything lol?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i plan on getting new rims in a few weeks, will that void the warranty or cancel tpms and traction control?

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Yea its illegal to change your tires without replacing the tpms sensor

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
It's not illegal, where the hell do you get this crap from.
Eventually it will become illegal for a shop to not replace the TPMS -- the way it is currently against the law for a shop to intentionally remove your catalytic converter without replacing it. Shops that do remove catalytic converters can be fined -- IF caught in the act. Does that stop anybody in reality?

On subject...OP, let us know if turning off the traction control does help -- I have a feeling that the ECU will still reduce power even with the TCS in off -- Although I have an automatic I cannot tell any difference with the TCS on or off -- only difference for the auto is when I use sportmatic shifting.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
On subject...OP, let us know if turning off the traction control does help -- I have a feeling that the ECU will still reduce power even with the TCS in off -- Although I have an automatic I cannot tell any difference with the TCS on or off -- only difference for the auto is when I use sportmatic shifting.
TCS off + automatic + corners = noticeable difference to me. Apparently I take turns fast enough that the TCS is slowing me down because there is a noticeable difference when I corner with the TCS off.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Im just saying.... Thats what firestone told me when i got my tires. Check this out Report: The Car Industry Is ?Furious? About TPMS Law TPMS Rollout Rolling Along

I agree with you 100%, in North America, and maybe Europe, but i know for a fact that until a year or two ago (not sure if the law is till the same) it was illegal to have TPMS in Morocco and Egypt. My dad when he got his Audi A6, they couldn't import it into the country with it, it had to be made without it :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts