Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find burnt exhaust tips for my car but I honestly don't even know where to start. I think the look from the turbokits.com muffler tips looks so sweet! Any suggestions as to how I can go by doing this?

·
Registered
453 Posts
naw coke like Scarface...haha yeah how do you do it with soda??

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah just do a shit load of cocaine and it makes your exhaust tips burnt. TRUE STORY.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah just do a shit load of cocaine and it makes your exhaust tips burnt. TRUE STORY.
WELL IM ON DAY 4 OF A RAGING COKE BINGE AND MY TIPS STILL LOOK FACTORY THEY DONT HAVE A BURNT COOL LOOK AT ALL AND IM FREAKING OUT CUZ THE HOOKER ON MY COUCH HAS STOPPED BREATHING AND I CAN HEAR SIRENS!

Just kidding, she's fine. haha But in all seriousness, how does Coke give the exhaust tips that suuuhweet burnt look? Enlighten us.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hmmmm...would using Coke work with the factory tips though? I have no idea what they are made of.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You can achieve "burnt-blueish" look on stainless with a torch. It takes longer. If you dont know how to use a torch find someone who is. Remove the tips from youre car if they screw on. Clean it with degreaser. Rinse & dry. Polish till Shiny. With safety gear heat the the End of the tip with torch till glowing red...watch for the colour change. Let coool. Reinstall when cool to touch.

***Be Very Very careful if choosing this method. You want to Annodize the titanium Not weld it , start a fire or electrocute yourself.***
For the diet coke version, I think titanium worked better ( i'm not sure about stainless). Essentially youre annodizing titanium with a DIY dipping tank of diet coke, borax or TSP for the electrolyte solution. You need to build a cathode (negative electrode, a plastic bin to hold the solution, and a power source (which maybe the most difficult to source), and safety gear. I think ImportTuner did an article on using diet coke.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i know iv seen the burnt tips somewhere.... im pretty sure is was Kspec but they were lik $320

1 - 12 of 12 Posts