Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to go get my morning coffe, then take a little trip to autozone to pick up an add a circuit for my car this morning. well like an idiot, i pulled into the wrong parking lot. realized my mistake, jumped back in the car, didnt bother putting my seatbelt on cause the parking lot is right next door, not even 15 yards away. get on the main road, stopped at a light. hear a little chime, picked up my phone to check an email, then hear sirens! CRAP!

pull over, cop gets out, i roll down my window... "you know why i pulled you over?" yea, no seatbelt, and im on my cellphone! i said..... which he replied..."really? i wouldnt have guessed cause your tint is so damn dark i cant even see in the car!" then he starts making a list of everything illegal on my car

-tint is to dark
-tail lights are tinted
-yellow fog lights
-white turnsignals in the front (they're not white, i have the switchbacks)
-obstruction of view on the windshield (big sponsor sticker on my windshield)
-lisence plate is obstructed (got a thick lisence plate frame)

luckily i work for the city, and i pull out my "get out of jail free" badge, and tell him a little lie that this car is my show car, i never take it out, but the battery on my other car died and im going to go buy a new battery right now ;) so with that, he laughs and says "yea right!" and let me go!

moral of the story, if you really want to get pulled over, just do all the mods i did! but you better show some boobs when you get pulled over or you're gonna get screwed!!! lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i tried that on my first ticket :p
"officer, im sure we can think of something to make this a warning" lol im kidding. but thats some luck man

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
That probably would have added up to a lot of $$$$. Glad you got off THIS time. :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Moral of the story: never answer the question "Do you know why I pulled you over" with anything except "I'm sorry officer, I'm unsure as to why you pulled me over".

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well in NYC, they cut you a break if you work for the city. this was actually the first time i've been pulled over in this car. my last car i was pulled over every other week. i had a headlight out in that car for over a year, and never changed it, cause bmws are a pain in the ass to change a headlight! lol what i actually did was he got next to the car, i licked my lips and starred at his crotch! then gave him a wink! ;) lmao

·
Registered
201 Posts
Moral of the story: never answer the question "Do you know why I pulled you over" with anything except "I'm sorry officer, I'm unsure as to why you pulled me over".
That's what I always think... but it never gets me off the hook! LOL

·
Registered
475 Posts
thats a good one. Nice thinking on the spot. I have limo tints on my koup and i am always careful. When i see a cop car near by i roll my windows down.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
If you show them your CHL (Concealed Handgun License) with your driver's license, they usually assume you're ex-military and let you off. If you're a chick who does it, sometimes they nut in their pants. Cops are often hobbiest collectors too. ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I lived in SoCal, I got a fix it ticket for the tint on my windows. They told me I could send in a picture of the windows with the tint removed instead of going to the inspection station... So I took a pic of the car with the windows rolled down and sent it in. LOL

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I lived in SoCal, I got a fix it ticket for the tint on my windows. They told me I could send in a picture of the windows with the tint removed instead of going to the inspection station... So I took a pic of the car with the windows rolled down and sent it in. LOL
Thats funny...I did the same thing but sent in a picture of my car from the day I got it!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
so i went to go get my morning coffe, then take a little trip to autozone to pick up an add a circuit for my car this morning. well like an idiot, i pulled into the wrong parking lot. realized my mistake, jumped back in the car, didnt bother putting my seatbelt on cause the parking lot is right next door, not even 15 yards away. get on the main road, stopped at a light. hear a little chime, picked up my phone to check an email, then hear sirens! CRAP!

pull over, cop gets out, i roll down my window... "you know why i pulled you over?" yea, no seatbelt, and im on my cellphone! i said..... which he replied..."really? i wouldnt have guessed cause your tint is so damn dark i cant even see in the car!" then he starts making a list of everything illegal on my car

-tint is to dark
-tail lights are tinted
-yellow fog lights
-white turnsignals in the front (they're not white, i have the switchbacks)
-obstruction of view on the windshield (big sponsor sticker on my windshield)
-lisence plate is obstructed (got a thick lisence plate frame)

luckily i work for the city, and i pull out my "get out of jail free" badge, and tell him a little lie that this car is my show car, i never take it out, but the battery on my other car died and im going to go buy a new battery right now ;) so with that, he laughs and says "yea right!" and let me go!

moral of the story, if you really want to get pulled over, just do all the mods i did! but you better show some boobs when you get pulled over or you're gonna get screwed!!! lol
You know K.I.A. I tried the (supposedly) universal "get out of jail free" card, my military ID, for nothing more then dark window tinting (15%). Unfortunately, this particular cop had a stick up his ass, he gave me the ticket and warned me for "not pulling over fast enough"...... considering he flashed his lights when I was stopped at a traffic light and I pulled over in church parking lot on the opposite corner I'm not really sure what he means, perhaps I should have jumped out of my car lain spread eagle on the ground and asked the nice police officer to kick me in the ass only once instead of twice....... moral of the story, no matter who you work for or what you do, if you get a prick for a police officer your gonna get screwed. (BTW, if your interested, GA law limits tiniting to 32%, so I get a nifty $110 fine.... yippee)

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I've been pulled over multiple times. Every time I pull over I roll down the window, turn the car off, put the keys on the dash board and act very polite and clueless as to why I was pulled over. I also have my military I.D. in front of my license. If the cop feels safe when he pulls you over and you're polite and show respect [and act clueless] you'll shave your chances of getting a ticket.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I've been pulled over multiple times. Every time I pull over I roll down the window, turn the car off, put the keys on the dash board and act very polite and clueless as to why I was pulled over. I also have my military I.D. in front of my license. If the cop feels safe when he pulls you over and you're polite and show respect [and act clueless] you'll shave your chances of getting a ticket.
Yeah, I've done that before, however, in this case, the guy was simply being a dick......

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Yeah, I've done that before, however, in this case, the guy was simply being a dick......
I actually got out of a ticket one time by having military grade M4 magazines in the back seat of my Koup LOL.

Police officer's exact words, "Do you have a gun license? And is there a reason why you have AR-15 magazines in your backseat?"

AR-15 is the civilianized version of the M-16. That was fun explaining that to the police officer lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
normally a cop sees my last name and lets me go because they have a contract with my dads shop to get their cars fixed lol... not like i care if i get pulled over i will pay the ticket. i seem to only get pulled over in the cars i have had that can shake cop cars lol but for nothing else... i wonder why

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.