Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a quick note about CARiD.com

I ordered a spoiler there, going on 3 weeks ago and STILL no spoiler.
The thing has finally been shipped but when I checked UPS tracking aparently it's not esitmated to arrive until Friday the 14th. That'll total almost a month from ordering.

The problem I had, was that they sent me an email saying my estimated shipping date would be December 30th and that I would receive a seperate email with shipping details. While by Jan 5th I had still not received any shipping details so I figured i'd give them a call to see what was up?
Well good luck trying to get through first of all. First day I called the automation said there was 20 calls on hold before me. I called back the second day and this time only 5 were on hold. Still waited on hold for roughly 45mins only to have the shipping department answer and tell me to hold AGAIN for another 15 mins (=awesome!)
Finally she answers (just so estatic to be doing her job= insert sarcasim here) I give her my order number and asked the status of my order... She takes my order number and....dun, dun, dun...PUTS ME ON HOLD againnn.
After another 5-10 mins she comes back and says "Your order will be shipped today and you'll receive and email with shipping details..." I then asked, what the issue was and what was taking so long, she then repeated her self exactly word for word. So basically doesn't help me at all.
Two more days pass and I STILL have had no shipping details sent to me. After writing a very upsetting email to their custoemr service only then did I receive my shipping details (at 12:40am on January 7th).
My response from the customer service email was basically that it's not their fault, it was their manufacturer / warehouse's issue because the product was out of stock at the time of ordering.
My issue was that not once was that issue EVER communitcated to me and infact THEY sent me the email saying it was going to be shipped.

Anyways hopefully the item arrives ON TIME this friday according to UPS. I do know however, I will NEVER order from this company again and caution you to think twice as well. They offer TERRIBLE customer service (Great service during your purchasing experience) however after they have your payment, good luck to you! And should you need help with any issues regarding your order, good luck you're on your own!

BUYERS BEWARE!

·
Registered
644 Posts
That's why I ordered my spoiler straight from DallasAutomotiveRestyling. They got it to me, painted within a week of calling, just before Christmas too, excellent service, the guy on the phone knew the paint code off the top of his head, and knew some info about our Koup. (Even the secretary I spoke to knew which color the car was from the paint code) I think I probably paid a little more to go through them, but I think it was worth it..

Sorry it took so long for you to get yours, hopefully it is in good shape, and then it's all that matters once your car looks great with that spoiler on ;)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
sorry about your trouble with this company,
Thxs for the heads up to us..
Thinking I won't buy anything from them after hearing a few bad stories like yours

Hope you get your part soon :)

2,213 Posts
I never had a problem with carid, and i ordered like 5 things from them. Idk, i got stuff anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks. You want to hear a horror story?? I've been waiting 3 months for a spoiler from Korea!!! It's been so long i forgot who i ordered it from! Lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never had a problem with carid, and i ordered like 5 things from them. Idk, i got stuff anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks. You want to hear a horror story?? I've been waiting 3 months for a spoiler from Korea!!! It's been so long i forgot who i ordered it from! Lol

Ya man that suckssss! But see I think I 'may' be slightly more understanding ordering from Korea, however from what i've gather on where my item is being shipped from, I could have driven to the states and back home in less then 24 hours to pick the god damn thing up!
But like I mentioned before, I completely understand inventory issues (i used to work retail and deal with warhouses etc.) The biggest piss off is whether you manufacture the product or have someone do it for you, if you collect the payment then you have an obligation to attend to the customers needs until the transaction is complete and the product is in hand of your paying customer. CARiD very evidently could care less about your or your order after you've paid.

Just wanted to let everyone know...

·
Registered
248 Posts
sorry to hear you're having problems with them. I could write up an equally long complaint about my BS that I went through with them. I won't go into any details, but what you mentioned about them repeating the same line rang a bell with my experience. They just stuck with their policy (even though, in my case, they verbally told me stuff AGAINST the policy). They tried to "make it up to me", but they didn't properly compensate for their B.S'ing. I went as far as the Better Business Bureau to drag their name through the mud. I should've done some research on their BBB rating. At that time, their rating was a D.(BRUTAL) Anyways, I'm sure you've learned your lesson - the hard way at that. But better to broadcast your troubles on here so others don't put themselves in the line of fire with these retards. Hope you get your spoiler soon buddy.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah carID is SHITTAY! I tell everyone that asks me about my spoiler to STAY AWAY!!!! Fucking hate them! -sorry for the language i just have to speak my mind on this- They get their spoilers from Dallas Automotive Restyling actually. I should have gone through them instead.

My problem with CarID... is that they said they would get me racing red. I asked 15 TIMES if they can assure me tht it would be racing red, and the salesman said yes yes yes. So.... low and behold, two weeks later... i get SPICY RED!! FFFFFF. AND THEY NEVER REFUNDED MY MONEY!!! SO I PAID 85 FOR CARID TO PAINT IT AND 80 FOR A LOCAL PAINTER TO PAINT IT! Such a shittay way to spend the day before my birthday.. Fudge... I will never buy from them again. If you want to buy something... buy it from the source! Dallas Automotive!! or ebay if that is easier!

·
Registered
519 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts