Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a CAI from Turbo Kits. And I guess in the 2011 models you cant use their rubber mount due to the change in the battery tray. They said I need to find a way to Mount it on my own. Where did you guys mount yours and how?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Some people didn't bother mounting them. Some modified the battery try. A search should yield the post where someone did that...But it shouldn't fall off unless you off road all the time. It will sag but the splash guard should keep it from detaching.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just zip tied mine for the mean time. It doesnt look pretty but it works. The guy I talked to at turbokits.com said some people have made an L-bracket and attached it to the filter clamp, then attached it to some part of the frame (he did not have a picture to send me). I looked with my car on the ground and didnt see too much. The battery tray is different and will not even be close to working with what they provided. I think I am going to try to figure something out next weekend. Unless some one here already has.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect DevilsX, appreciate it.

n thanks Lumpy, yeah I asked if they were ganna come out with something too soon, maybe we can get it sent free

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks, that s working great ! i did something with the hook in the bottom too. i mounted a brace on it and attach them to the base of cai. that s moving the cai backward and prenvent it to push on the splashgard. and correct my other case of rubbing the back of the foglamp connector

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just put mine in not to long ago. I will get some photos and post them for you. I had to modify the Battery tray to get the intake tube to sit correctly. I also had to cut about a 1/2" off the rubber boot so that it would not sit so low. It was actually pushing the splash gaurd down until i cut it. I uploaded some pics to my Album "MODS". I do not know how to bring the photos into this thread. If anyone can help me with that, that would be great. Beast, if you have any other questions hit me up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts