Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what kind of buying experiences all of you have had with purchasing your Kia's from your dealerships. I am having the most terrible time with getting mine and have since day one.
Just want to see if this is an isolated dealership or if Kia as a company performs business like this on a regular basis. In either case I just want this friggin car! lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I went in to look at a Forte since I just noticed one online while doing a comparison to the Civic and Cobalt and Mazda 3. The Kia Forte option popped up and I was like What?! Kia makes a sporty looking car? No Way!!
Went into dealership and sat in a couple, since it was wayyy to cold outside to do a test drive -28C or so. Signed the papers the next day and drove away with one 2 days later.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MFury that sounds like a DREAM experience in compared to the one i've ad... I am just waiting to pick mine up so I don't need to deal with my dealership anymore. This was my first new car buying experience and it has been terrible, but it sure has taught me ALOT about this industry!!! None the less I sure hope this car is worth every ounce of hassle!!

Thanks for your input!!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Just wanted to know what kind of buying experiences all of you have had with purchasing your Kia's from your dealerships. I am having the most terrible time with getting mine and have since day one.
Just want to see if this is an isolated dealership or if Kia as a company performs business like this on a regular basis. In either case I just want this friggin car! lol
Change dealership an see by yourself!! if another one is close!!
My dealer has a greath service. It was the fourth one I visit before I bought my Koup!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See thats the stage i'm at but i've signed the conditional offer and been approved on the financing and everything, tomorrow is the pick up day... but after everything that has taken place it's leaving me feeling pretty un easy with finalizing everything through this dealer.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
MFury that sounds like a DREAM experience in compared to the one i've ad... I am just waiting to pick mine up so I don't need to deal with my dealership anymore. This was my first new car buying experience and it has been terrible, but it sure has taught me ALOT about this industry!!! None the less I sure hope this car is worth every ounce of hassle!!

Thanks for your input!!
Be carefull........ you'll still have a lot to deal with them after you got the car.
Been to mine 5 times in 5 mouth!!! (trunk release, front suspension noise, ecu reprogram, oil change and a recall)

·
Registered
436 Posts
The biggest piece of advice I have for anyone at the moment is to secure your own financing. There once was a time that you could trust the finance department to find you the best deal on financing and be above-board about it. Not anymore.

When I bought mine in September, I got 7.69% through Chase. I didn't think that much of it at the time, and just made the assumption that interest rates were high at the moment, and went on. A month later, a co-worker of mine went to the same salesperson at the same dealership, and secured her own financing at 4.5%. So, I started digging. My credit score is AT LEAST as good as hers, I have no negative marks on it, so why did I get screwed? I started asking around. Turns out that dealerships can secure X% from a financial institution, hike the % rate on the paperwork and then keep the extra $ for themselves. When I looked at the percentage rate on my Chase online account, it was 7.19%. My dealership paperwork says 7.69%. I have no explanation as to why chase bent me over for 7.19%, but I refinanced last week at another bank for 4.49% and cut 6 months off my term.

Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
See thats the stage i'm at but i've signed the conditional offer and been approved on the financing and everything, tomorrow is the pick up day... but after everything that has taken place it's leaving me feeling pretty un easy with finalizing everything through this dealer.
Don't let that stop you!

I had a very similar experience, I had already signed the conditional offer and been approved for financing and was told it would be 2-3 weeks to get the car I wanted. Within days that went to 3-4 weeks, then 4-8 weeks then 8-12 weeks. I had already sold my car and was using my mom's while she was away for 4 weeks. The dealer offered to rent me a car until mine came in, if you can believe it! (Remeber, this is the sales department, the service department is great and I continue to have my car serviced here. In fact, the Service Manger told me they don't care where I bought the car.)

I drove less than an hour away to another dealer and told him what was going on, he found me the car I wanted and said he could have in a week. The business manager was able to find my financing approval in the system and we made the deal. I went back to the other dealer, told them I had purchased my car elsewhere and got my deposit back. They were not happy, but couldn't do anything about it. Until you've signed the sales contract, there is nothing stopping you from backing out!

So check out the service department and talk to the Service Manager, try to get a feeling for dealing with them because after the sale, you'll probably not have to deal with sales for a number of years.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. I mean really BigE i am more or less at that point of going to another dealership, but I am supposed to pick up my car tomorrow morning and it's ready... but the fast ones they've tried pulling on me, I don't really have much confidence in this place AT ALL. So basically now i'm at the point as long as all of my sales agreements are in order and what I originally agreed too, then i'll take the car but sure as hell won't be attending that dealership for any other services, i'll take my car to a different Kia dealership for services....
Well i'm glad to hear that there is still hope aside from the experiences I have endured over the past few months...
just get me my Kouppppp!!! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts