Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Been looking at a used Forte EX Bright Silver for 13,995$ with 8,888 miles is that a good price and usually does it still come with the stock warranty? does anyone know?

·
Registered
114 Posts
what does it all come with??? sunroof anthing extra mayb front mask mud guards manual or auto all depends and yes u will still get the factory warranty on the car

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Seems kinda high if you ask me. Did you compare that to the same model new? And if so what was the price. If you are financing, every $1000 is approx $20 dollars a month. So figure out what the difference is and weigh your options/payments. Also I always wonder why someone sells a car that new? Something wrong they couldn't get fixed???

Just some food for thought. Good luck with whatever you do

·
Registered
39 Posts
it could be a repo or lost job... you never know.

you get to keep the 5yr/60000 from the date the original purchaser bought it but the 10yr/100000 on the powertrain is gone at transfer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems kinda high if you ask me. Did you compare that to the same model new? And if so what was the price. If you are financing, every $1000 is approx $20 dollars a month. So figure out what the difference is and weigh your options/payments. Also I always wonder why someone sells a car that new? Something wrong they couldn't get fixed???

Just some food for thought. Good luck with whatever you do
Ya it figures I got quoted for same model brand new for 15995$ a couple thousand more but like the other person said you lose the 100,000/10 year warranty on a used Forte so I guess if I get it new ill get what i pay for which is warranty I think I am just gonna go with new EX 2000$ down which should be enough down payment :) which ill be getting this week :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you are financing, the used one will also have a higher interest rate. New cars are generally about a point cheaper and much easier to get approved on.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I Been looking at a used Forte EX Bright Silver for 13,995$ with 8,888 miles is that a good price and usually does it still come with the stock warranty? does anyone know?

When I talked with the salesman at my Kia dealership I asked specifically about Kia's "Certified Pre-Owned" program (thinking all auto manufacturers do) and to my amazement Kia isn't doing that, yet. This reason alone is why I would NOT buy a used Kia. Another thing, that price seems a little steep for a used car with close to 10,000 miles on it. For example, my 2010 EX 5speed AUTO had a sticker price of like 18,150 and after negotiations I got my "brand new" EX for 15,100

·
Registered
18 Posts
What exactly happens to the warranty on a used Kia?

All I've read mentions just the 100,000 warranty part becomes 60,000/5 years minus whatever the vehicle is beyond that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
What exactly happens to the warranty on a used Kia?

All I've read mentions just the 100,000 warranty part becomes 60,000/5 years minus whatever the vehicle is beyond that.
This is an assumption, but I have always assumed that as long as records were kept of maintenance, that the warranty would be transferred to the new owner as long as the years/mileage conditions were still met.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I talked with the salesman at my Kia dealership I asked specifically about Kia's "Certified Pre-Owned" program (thinking all auto manufacturers do) and to my amazement Kia isn't doing that, yet. This reason alone is why I would NOT buy a used Kia. Another thing, that price seems a little steep for a used car with close to 10,000 miles on it. For example, my 2010 EX 5speed AUTO had a sticker price of like 18,150 and after negotiations I got my "brand new" EX for 15,100
whats your interest like I'm 22 and got a credit score of 721 You think I can negotiate with them for an interest rate of 5.9% or less?

·
Registered
149 Posts
whats your interest like I'm 22 and got a credit score of 721 You think I can negotiate with them for an interest rate of 5.9% or less?

Well my credit score got me a 2.5% interest rate (score hovers around 800) BUT I opted for an additional year on the payment plan and that boosted the interest rate to 4.5%. A lower monthly payment was more important to me, as I can always pay a little more on it monthly and shorten the pay-off time. I'd say that 5.9% rate you want should be doable with a 721 credit score BUT financing isn't my "Forte". :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.