Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just traded in my 2010 silver ex koup 5 speed on a 2011 black sx koup auto. and reordered my k badges and ddm hids, but now im looking for a shark fin and cant find one. what are some other cheap mods for looks (other than lowering maybe around may) love all the up grades, mainly the new led tail lights(sx only) i also noticed that when im in 1st with the paddle shifters and tap it into 2nd it takes a while then shifts into 2nd and then into 3rd(with one tap) maybe im tapping too late in the rpm range cuz i noticed when slowing down it down shifts automatically. other then that im super happy with the new koup

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you don't mind me asking....how much did they give you for your '10 or lose out on...and did you have to put anything else down for the '11....

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you don't mind me asking....how much did they give you for your '10 or lose out on...and did you have to put anything else down for the '11....
+1 id like to know too

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
straight up trade and 0 down. they called me for my business, i wasnt even thinking about trading the '10. my car payments were on the 15th for the ex and they said that on march 15th, that payment will be my down payment

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i owed 14k on the '10, but they only gave me 12k because of the high mileage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Body is the same.. just the mirrors are different and SX has led tail lights.. but it has a 6 speed auto tranny now instead of 4 and has Nav touchscreen option

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
QuicksilverKoup...Look into my typing...you're getting sleepy...your hands are itching to type...you don't like LEDs...now go and PM me that you want to trade your '11 tail lights for my '10 tail lights...LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Cool, lucky you quicksilver. This is something I considered a bit but I'd be upside down on my loan more than I would want. The 6 speed transmission is the biggest thing I was looking at but I'll wait until the 2012 models come out with hopefully significant changes. Turbo!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the navi., push start, and rear camera is the technology pack for 3k....no thanks. and the only reason i did the traded the 10 in was the led tail lights, and 6 speed tranny, cuz i do a lot of highway driving and was tired of seeing 3500rpms in 5th gear. plus i got 3 more months of sirius radio again:) love the car so much and its only been 16ish hours and i slept through most of it hahaha

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
the navi., push start, and rear camera is the technology pack for 3k....no thanks. and the only reason i did the traded the 10 in was the led tail lights, and 6 speed tranny, cuz i do a lot of highway driving and was tired of seeing 3500rpms in 5th gear. plus i got 3 more months of sirius radio again:) love the car so much and its only been 16ish hours and i slept through most of it hahaha
You do realize that the 2010 SX's autotranny final gearing and the 5th speed ratio actually cause the engine RPM to be SLIGHTLY less than the 2011 SX's autotranny final gear and 6th spead ratio...don't you?

But both are better than the 4 speed auto tranny...LOL!

·
Registered
84 Posts
QuicksilverKoup...Look into my typing...you're getting sleepy...your hands are itching to type...you don't like LEDs...now go and PM me that you want to trade your '11 tail lights for my '10 tail lights...LOL!!!

Are these (as well as the mirrors) a direct swappable thing for the 10's??? If so... I have a buddy who works for Kia in the Netherlands...and I just HAPPEN to be making a trip there in just a few weeks.......

Please tell me it's that easy!!!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
soo you purchased not leased obviously?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Are these (as well as the mirrors) a direct swappable thing for the 10's??? If so... I have a buddy who works for Kia in the Netherlands...and I just HAPPEN to be making a trip there in just a few weeks.......

Please tell me it's that easy!!!!!
The tail lights are bolt in...but you'll need to do some wire splicing, and run some wires to make the trunk brake lights work.

The mirrors are swappable IF you buy the entire mirror assembly. You can buy the cover and light assy...but you'll need to do some modifications to get them to fit!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah purchased

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats. I just got a 2011 Koup EX with the 6-speed auto and love it! The 2011 Mirrors are much better than 2010's I just got rid of a 2011 Soul ! and that 4-speed sucked-hell I did not like that car at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The tail lights are bolt in...but you'll need to do some wire splicing, and run some wires to make the trunk brake lights work.

The mirrors are swappable IF you buy the entire mirror assembly. You can buy the cover and light assy...but you'll need to do some modifications to get them to fit!

Hmmm....time to send some emails!!!! LoL

·
Registered
76 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how many miles were on your 2010 ex. Because now i wanna do this because i have auto tranny in my 2010 ex and i want manual so bad and i just found a 2011 sx manual just curious how much i could get on my trade in if i do it really really thinking about it

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just over 15k and i got the car in late may 2010 had the 5 speed m/t and now the 6 speed auto and love it still.....so much better just to hop in and drive and if i want to ill use the paddle shifters ever once in a while

1 - 20 of 20 Posts