Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where I can reach the cabin air filter for the 2.0 engine?

Thx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
...a little more complicated than that gripphard...LoL. You have to undue the stops on the glove box door and open it wide to get to the cabin filter...on the sides of the glovebox door are two retainers - you unscrew them both, remove them, and then the door opens fully to get to the cabin filter cover.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Older thread but I have to share. Dealership says they want $70 dollars for a cabin air filter replacement and install! :eek:

I googled Kia Forte cabin filter, this popped up, and it cost me $15 dollars at AutoZone and ten seconds to open the glove box and take out the filter! What install?!?! Friggin' dealerships always trying to rip people off...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Older thread but I have to share. Dealership says they want $70 dollars for a cabin air filter replacement and install! :eek:

I googled Kia Forte cabin filter, this popped up, and it cost me $15 dollars at AutoZone and ten seconds to open the glove box and take out the filter! What install?!?! Friggin' dealerships always trying to rip people off...
You might void your warranty though if you don't let them overcharge you... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
...a little more complicated than that gripphard...LoL. You have to undue the stops on the glove box door and open it wide to get to the cabin air filter...on the sides of the glovebox door are two retainers - you unscrew them both, remove them, and then the door opens fully to get to the cabin filter cover.
I think I like this detailed explanation better than gripphard. Well, I had a friend of mine who is also having a hard time locating the cabin air filter on his vehicle since we're both still not quite familiar with it. Anyway, thanks for this tip.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
how often do we change these?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Pretty much annually. But you can make your own decision based on how dirty it looks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts