Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that someone added a CAI to their Forte and lost MPG.. that doesnt make sense lol I just wanted to confirm with the people that have CAI installed! Before and after numbers would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I read somewhere that someone added a CAI to their Forte and lost MPG.. that doesnt make sense lol I just wanted to confirm with the people that have CAI installed! Before and after numbers would be awesome! Thanks!
An intake is a double edged sword, yes it can help increase fuel economy, but they sound so damn good the person usually revs the shit out of the car and wastes more gas.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yes I have a CAI from TK and wingzero is absolutely right! IF, and that's a big if, I drove like a normal human being then yes my MPGs would go up BUT it sounds wayyyy too good to drive normal....soo if ur debating getting a CAI for better gas mileage then take this into consideration becuz I'm only averaging about 21 MPGs (85% city/14% highway/1% revving just to hear it :))

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think im relatively modest when it comes to revving, ill only do it if I feel like takin someone on, if not Ill just blow them away once i hit higher rpms hahaha

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Haha I'm beginning to realize that my gas tank is burning a hole in my pocket so I don't rev as nearly as much as I did the first few weeks with the CAI but I tend to accelerate quickly to hear it which may be my problem haha

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
An intake is a double edged sword, yes it can help increase fuel economy, but they sound so damn good the person usually revs the shit out of the car and wastes more gas.
IMO a CAI reduces MPG, especially in town -- for the very reason wingzero states!!! LoL!!! You bought it, you want to hear it!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I am always revving my car now that I have my Takeda CAI!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i cant say it burns a hole in my pocket with MPG. i was putting about 25 dollars in my car a week and i still do the same so it doesnt make a giant difference for me. i never fill my tank up. 25 bucks just happens to be my weekly budget for gas :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts