Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've been able to find a K&N and an Injen and I'm wondering if one is better than the other? SXTH Element is sold out and I'm assuming they're not making them anymore. Is a heat shield needed like on the K&N? Hydro shield? Any other options out there that I'm missing?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,901 Posts
So far I've been able to find a K&N and an Injen and I'm wondering if one is better than the other? SXTH Element is sold out and I'm assuming they're not making them anymore. Is a heat shield needed like on the K&N? Hydro shield? Any other options out there that I'm missing?
Lots of Injen choices on ebay.

SXTH Element website say to leave them your email address to let you know when they get them back in stock.

Product Azure Font Screenshot Parallel

Reactions: zoltar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the brand even matter? Does the heat shield on the K&N make it worth an extra $120?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,901 Posts
Does the brand even matter? Does the heat shield on the K&N make it worth an extra $120?
The Injen intake moves the filter behind the headlight, K&N looks better with hood open. Personal choice here - I think you'll get equal performance between the two.

Reactions: zoltar

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
392 Posts
After market CAI's are a total waste of money. The intake system on your car IS a CAI. You put that aftermarket crap on your car and it becomes a hot air intake. It'll probably cause you to punch the gas more often because of the sound it makes and you mileage will drop some until you realize just what the hell you're doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts