Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let my start off by saying that I have very little knowledge on cold air intakes and exhausts, however, I'm not completely retarded. Secondly, I would like to say that I have looked around on the forums (as well as other websites) to see which cold air intakes and exhausts seem to be popular, however, I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding. Finally, I would like to say that I am on a budget ($0 - $400)!

So, I have never done any modifications to my car before and I would like some opinions as to whether I should put on a CAI or a new muffler (I would only be able to buy one) to satisfy what I want; also I would like to know if the parts I have selected are worth it. I would like my car to have a really nice, preferably deep tone to it, as well as having the part provide some kind of performance increase -- not necessarily gas mileage because I know that I'll be wasting gas having fun with my new performance mod! By the way, I'm 17 years old if it helps between the choosing -- maybe you'll understand the feeling I'm trying to fulfill. I want to feel as if my car could tear up the road (maybe like an earthquake? lol jk)! Maybe someone will understand! :)

CAI I had in mind (doesn't have to be the black edition though it looks nice!):

Black Label Limited Edition CAIs Include:
- Large Dia. Crinkle Black Coated CAI Pipe
- Crinkle Black Coated ECU Bracket
- Limited Edition Sticker
- High Flow Air Filter
- Tucks Deep into the Fender Well
- 1 Piece, Smooth Bends, Direct Flow
- All Clamps & Couplers for Perfect Fit
* OHHH and the Sound!!!

+7WHP & 6Ft Lbs of Torque (Add back the DYNO loss and those numbers are closer to 10HP & 10Ft Lbs!)

(TurboKits.com - 2010+ Kia Forte KOUP Turbo Kits)

Exhaust Muffler I had in mind:

Part #: 12865
Inlet/Outlet Size: 2.25in./2.25in.
Body Shape: 5in. Round
Core Size: 2.5in
Body Length: 14in.
Material: 100% Stainless Steel - Satin Finish

(MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles)

I got interested in this one when I saw this:
YouTube - Koup with Magnaflow 2

Thanks for recording that Blkkoup!

Which one do you think I should go with? How much do you think it will cost to install it? Should I go with something else all together??? Tell me what you think! Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well like I said, I wouldn't be installing it myself -- I would get someone else to install it > I've never had any experience. Plus, these two added together go over my budget and I would like to get away with some $$ left over maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Well before you go making up your mind of not installing it yourself I would read some of the "Do It Yourself" or DIY threads on here. Some have made their own CAI's on here for very cheap and with detailed instructions on how to do so. It's not as hard as you might think.

As for the exhaust I've heard of people on here having a shop do it all for less than $150. That includes purchase of the exhaust and install.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have yet to do a CAI but have the magnaflow 12865 and its amazing nice deep tone and im 19 so i no how u feel deff go for what u want look both up a little more dont go by what other ppl say cause its not there car like me im worried bout the CAI cause i hear if it gets wet it can ruin the engine and my koup is car # 5 my parents will kill me if i blow money and destroy my brand new 2010 koup haha ( im not "mommy and daddy" rich all my cars i bought on my own i work for a construction company) thts why im worried for a CAI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.