Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure but not positive if this has been discussed or not but I am looking for some opinions of CAI's for my SX Sedan 6-Speed....there are a few out there Turbo-Kits, Injen, KFX Performance, Takeda etc and they range in price from 175-275....is there "really" a big difference between products? Or just personal preference?

Thanks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Craftsmanship and customer service are a couple of big ones. For performance differences and other such things I'm not sure, but I haven't heard of anyone that has had anything other than great service with Turbo-Kits. I would personally go with turbo kits CAI just to get the limited edition black one... but thats just me ;]

2,213 Posts
its all the same! the tk one comes with the mount for the ecu tho, so i would go with them. dont forget about the big car meet in april! i see you guys are close to NJ.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I believe that the size of the pipe may be different. I want to say that TurboKits is 3". One of the ones you listed may have a pipe that is as small as 2.5".

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have the TK CAI and am extremely happy with it. It's the only performance mod I've done to my car and it roars.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. In my opinion turbokits.com has had great reviews of their products and I was thinking of getting the limited edition with cat back exhaust package. I don't know if u r interested but there was a thread that the forte and forte koup will be getting a complete turbo kit that would pull your hp to 300. The down side is that the price tag is around 3000. But overall the difference to me is that many people have already bought kits from turbokits and it would be very easy to ask people for help. Hope the helps

·
Registered
638 Posts
I plan on going with the injen kit mostly because I'm a fan of injen and they have hydroguards to protect from hydrolock.

Turbokits does seem like a good company though, although they never return my emails.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. In my opinion turbokits.com has had great reviews of their products and I was thinking of getting the limited edition with cat back exhaust package. I don't know if u r interested but there was a thread that the forte and forte koup will be getting a complete turbo kit that would pull your hp to 300. The down side is that the price tag is around 3000. But overall the difference to me is that many people have already bought kits from turbokits and it would be very easy to ask people for help. Hope the helps
haha I wish it was around 3000 then I could afford it, try 3800 sans taxes!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered and received TK's CAI...awesome service and super quick shipment! The only thing they forgot to send was warm weather to Northeast PA so I can install it!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Ha ha, sorry, we're working on the whole weather control thing. It's still in R & D tho. LOL :)

Glad you have had a great experience so far!

Ordered and received TK's CAI...awesome service and super quick shipment! The only thing they forgot to send was warm weather to Northeast PA so I can install it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Installed it yesterday, it took about an hour to do. TK does an awesome job with their kits and directions were easy to follow. Oh and how does it work....WOW....I put this purchase off for months just because I wondered if it really would be a noticable difference...no doubt about it....you can feel a difference...and yeah you can hear a difference as well! The sound on full throttle is borderline obnoxious....ok maybe not that bad but you can hear it!

Nice job Turbo Kits! Two thumbs up from me!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Installed it yesterday, it took about an hour to do. TK does an awesome job with their kits and directions were easy to follow. Oh and how does it work....WOW....I put this purchase off for months just because I wondered if it really would be a noticable difference...no doubt about it....you can feel a difference...and yeah you can hear a difference as well! The sound on full throttle is "ADDICTIVE"....!

Nice job Turbo Kits! Two thumbs up from me!
Here..... I fixed it for you!!!
Enjoy !!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hahaha nice edit Matemorh! Yeah i have the TK CAI and its a beast, and if youre that worried about hydrolock then get what they call a pre-filter from either K&N or Injen. No need really, just a re-assurance. Ive kept my CAI on for quite a bit of rain here in south Texas and have had NO issues (knock on wood, sorry i can be a little superstitious) Ive gone through puddles that have splashed up on my drivers side windshield and door and driven through car washes with pressurized underbody washes (those ive been weary of, i kinda fly in those just so the washer will kick in AFTER my filter, kinda fun lol)

When you think about it, the laws of gravity kinda make it hard for water to go UP an intake tube at smaller volumes, you'd have to submerge it before anything happened..

I will however, probably convert to an SRI/CAI hybrid setup for the rainy/hurricane seasons here, just to be on the safer side.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
When you think about it, the laws of gravity kinda make it hard for water to go UP an intake tube at smaller volumes, you'd have to submerge it before anything happened..
Tx
My toughts exactely.... especialy on a 3" tube. I even kept mine during winter (-25ºC this week) and no issue whatsoever!!
The filter is well protected by spalsh guard.
If the filter ever become submerge thats anothere story!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.