Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

We have received a lot of feedback and seen a lot of questions on the forum about the fear of water and the CAI. Well, fear no more TurboKits.com is making your day again with our Tax Return Sale. From now until April 15th receive free shipping and a free Outerwears Pre-Filter for your CAI.

We are still offering the $25 off for the CAT Back, CAT Pipe, Hood, etc as well!

The Outerwears Pre-Filter helps prevent rain, snow, sleet, slush from being sucked in by your intake and we are including one FREE with every CAI order between Feb 24th and April 15th.

*now this still doesn't mean you can totally submerge the filter in water like a straw, but it will help put you at ease for general all weather driving

Call 860-676-2929, E-mail ([email protected]) or PM to order.

*FREE Shipping is within the Lower 48 US States.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey TK..

A bunch of us are driving down from Canada for a Meet in the Tri-state area on April 30th.. There's talk of making a detour and dropping by your shop.. Think you'd be willing to extend this for us? Or maybe we can order now and pick up around the 30th..?

Thanks guys!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could always buy it before and pick it up :) We'd be more than happy to put it on hold for you.

Hey TK..

A bunch of us are driving down from Canada for a Meet in the Tri-state area on April 30th.. There's talk of making a detour and dropping by your shop.. Think you'd be willing to extend this for us? Or maybe we can order now and pick up around the 30th..?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'd buy it just for the looks lol, idk, it would look cool in general on the intake.

·
Registered
536 Posts
How does this thing work???....By wrapping it around the filter It looks like it would restrict air, which I am sure is what makes a CAI better than the stock air filter.....

2,213 Posts
What if you guys designed a half shield? Protected the bottom half near the ground? Idk..I don't have a CAI, I'm waiting for the turbo, but it's just a suggestion!

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's some sort of micro fiber that allows air in (no restriction) but not water droplets.

How does this thing work???....By wrapping it around the filter It looks like it would restrict air, which I am sure is what makes a CAI better than the stock air filter.....

This works better and is less costly and already developed :)

What if you guys designed a half shield? Protected the bottom half near the ground? Idk..I don't have a CAI, I'm waiting for the turbo, but it's just a suggestion!

Perfect!

awesome.. i'll let the other guys know..

2,213 Posts
How about....take the cf hood, put a scoop on it right over the existing airbox, modify the airbox to make ram air?? That would be sick!!!!! If I knew anything about fabrication i would so do that!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok releasing black label edition right after I bought my CAI was bad enough. This is just rubbing it in more. THANKS.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exciting News for us and the whole community.

We had a customer in Canada bring his CAI to the dealership to install it. The dealership was so happy with the installation and the quality of our products that they called and ordered (4) CAIs and are going to be offering them as a dealer installed option! I know Canada is a bit more relaxed about this stuff, but it is definitely a step in the right direction :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of a cold air? U pretty much have a sponge blocking and slowing down the airflow... yes safety is nice but wont u loose power/airflow?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Exciting News for us and the whole community.

We had a customer in Canada bring his CAI to the dealership to install it. The dealership was so happy with the installation and the quality of our products that they called and ordered (4) CAIs and are going to be offering them as a dealer installed option! I know Canada is a bit more relaxed about this stuff, but it is definitely a step in the right direction :)
Care to tell us WITCH dealer in Can???

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not a sponge. It's a very thin micro fiber that allows air to pass but not water.

Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of a cold air? U pretty much have a sponge blocking and slowing down the airflow... yes safety is nice but wont u loose power/airflow?

Bellamy Kia - Saskatchewan

There is also Hickman Motors - Newfoundland, they are setting up as our dealer too.

Care to tell us WITCH dealer in Can???

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow some of you guys are hard to please!

;)

@ turbokits.. thats cool there is a dealer putting your stuff on there cars
wish this would rub off on dealers in the states, I go to the dealer for parts and they are always screaming void void, if I even mention aftermarket anything.

I'm saving my knowledge of the laws intell I need it for something big... for now I just let em bark

·
Registered
46 Posts
This pre filter is great..... I have the Injen intake with the prefilter. It is the exact same design. Also I am from Newfoundland, Hurricane weather in the summer wicked snow and slush on the roads in the winter. I have not had any problems at all!! It just wraps around the filter and stops all the water entering. Order 2 so you can swap it out when it is dirty. For 25 bucks you cant go wrong!!

This is the hydroshield for Injen, Same thing, works great!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Your not covering it with a sock lol, it's thin and repels water.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts