Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin for opinions on color for my brake calibers. I have a orange koup sx with the wheel inserts removed. I was thinking of doing them red and then taking my kia badges off and redoing the black backgrounds in them red to match. Any opinions?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It prolly would but where I would fine it im not sure. Ill prolly just try to match it best I can with some caliber paint or something.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
you can just take your vin number from your car certain numbers in the vin will tell a paint store the color and then they can match it.:)

Also they can put the paint an a spray can for you to use:)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
or just get the color code from the inside of your door and take that to a paint store. you're probably gunna wanna get 2 cans worth. it shouldnt be expensive at all. no more than it'd be if you went to wherever and bought 2 cans of red or black. but i think you should totally do that

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
do you have to take you calipers completely off to paint them. and is it hard to take them off?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't you need special heat resistant paint for the calipers? Even with the colour code, could you get a paint shop to mix that?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I would think they could match the color with a heat paint yes

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you have to take you calipers completely off to paint them. and is it hard to take them off?
I wouldn't think you would have to. Its all about how you want to do it really if its spray ive seen people raise it up to put paper underneath and tape and mask everything else off and then spray.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
you dont have to but it makes for a hell of a lot easier job. the second time i painted mine(from red to yellow) i decided to take them off and it was so much easier because all i had to do was spray and not have to worry about it getting anywhere. and its easy to take off as well

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
aight. that'll be the next thing i do. what's a good brand. duplicolor? and do i need to put a clear coat over it or anything?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
awesome. will do. and sorry if this was a threadjacking

·
Registered
32 Posts
you dont have to but it makes for a hell of a lot easier job. the second time i painted mine(from red to yellow) i decided to take them off and it was so much easier because all i had to do was spray and not have to worry about it getting anywhere. and its easy to take off as well
did you have to bleed your brakes after removing the calipers??

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Only if you actually disconnect the brakelines from the caliper. So yes you will most likely need to bleed them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
what's bleeding mean? is that draining brake fluid?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
what's bleeding mean? is that draining brake fluid?
It's a term used to remove any air pockets if you open up the brake line at the caliper or anywhere else.

Draining refers to flushing out your old fluid and replacing with new fluid. Same applies to your coolant too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts