Kia Forte Forum banner

Caliper Covers for 2016 Kia Forte by MGP

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sube 
#1 ·
When you install aftermarket wheels with thin spokes brake calipers are often being exposed. Brakes get dirty and sometimes don't really look very nice. However you can dress up the calipers with special covers created by MGP.

They are inspired by large sport brakes like Brembo and Baer, and they are addressed to drivers who doesn't really want to change factory designed brake components and simply wants to get that stylish look. Caliper covers don't improve the brake performance or something, and work as a great styling component. They finally become available for the 2016 Kia Forte!

MGP® - Caliper Covers with Circle K/Kia Engraving

Features:

- Makes ordinary brake calipers look great;
- Less time and effort than painting with better results;
- Made from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum;
- Hydraulically formed to fit each caliper;
- Available customized with your choice of color, engraving and bolt color;
- Comes with everything required for an easy installation;
- Backed by a 3-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects;
- Proudly made in the USA;

Also guys, don't forget to check out this MGP Caliper Covers installation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_AW_xwOon8

Would you install a set of those calipers on your Forte?

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought and installed a set of these on my 2015 KIA FORTE5 SX with the 18" wheels even with the 3mm spacer supplied the front covers they still rubbed. Stupidly instead of returning them I tried to massage them a bit with a rubber mallet. I did get slight clearance but they would not stay tight on the mounting brackets and so would rub. They are now gathering dust in my basement. I ordered them custom with the broken K and I paid over $300 CDN with shipping and duties. A very expensive lesson.
From a personal perspective I wouldn't recommend these for the FORTE5 SX at any rate.

Pat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.