Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys... need your all's help...

i have a Racing Red Koup...just bought Duplicolor BCP400 Red... and the damn thing looks dark red... how is this going to look and do i need to return it and get something else? Is there a brand that makes bright red color caliper paint that would be close to Racing Red....
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Are you judging by the color on the box, or the color in the can?

You might want to check out G2 caliper paint.

I'm using the BCP400 on my black Koup, but I want it to be a little darker red than racing red.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff... it looks like BCP100 is the aerosol spray version of brush on BCP400. Are you saying the dark color actually looks good on Racing red?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jeff... it looks like BCP100 is the aerosol spray version of brush on BCP400. Are you saying the dark color actually looks good on Racing red?
Yes it was the spray can type. It looks good to me on my calipers- not to dark. Don't know how to add thumbnail pics but check out my albums and you can see how they turned out.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I left the calipers on when I did mine. The Dupli-Color kit comes with some masking tape so you can cover the rotors, brake lines and any other areas you don't want to get paint on. Or, if you've got patience and a steady hand, you can paint them without masking the area or taking them off.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I left the calipers on when I did mine. The Dupli-Color kit comes with some masking tape so you can cover the rotors, brake lines and any other areas you don't want to get paint on. Or, if you've got patience and a steady hand, you can paint them without masking the area or taking them off.
did you get it from a website? or did you go to a store? i might could do it this weekend

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can get the duplicolor kit from Jegs on ebay for ~$17 with over night shipping.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Guys... need your all's help...

i have a Racing Red Koup...just bought Duplicolor BCP400 Red... and the damn thing looks dark red... how is this going to look and do i need to return it and get something else? Is there a brand that makes bright red color caliper paint that would be close to Racing Red....
Thanks in advance..
Like Kenny C said...if you really want it to match check out the G2 site. They will actually color match for you. It looks like it cost about $99 but small price to pay for perfection, which it sounds like you want
G2 - Request a Color Matched Brake Caliper or Engine Paint Kit Based on Vehicle Color Code.

I order'd G2 kit already but went with the blue not color match I hope it turns out a close match.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How does the paint last in harsh weather (eg snow, heavy rain, etc). Just wanted to know since it can get ugly up here in Calgary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts