Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing how are engine in the sx is he same as that in the evo and srt and even are sister company 2.0 t ! so there cams should work in are car know ? I am doing a na build and am looking for a cam upgrade nothing major just a small one ! has any one done a cam upgrade on there 2.4 and if so to what cams did it work dose it drive smooth still just with a bit more power! this car is my daily driver so need to keep it smooth and reliable !

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Could work, but those engines are turbo ours are not. Something to think about.

G

·
The heads are all proprietary. Hyundai, Mitsu and Chrysler all worked together on the shortblock. The heads were done by each individual manufacturer to meet their specific needs. IT is highly unlikely a mitsu cam is going to fit the Theta.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thax for the input there and for clearing things up a bit ! so is there any cam upgrade available that someone has done ?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No one on these forums that I know off

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The head are different between Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai/KIA. Though there is a cam upgrade for the 2.0t in the genesis coupe, so those cams may work in the 2.4. They are turbo cams though, but I have read few lancer forums that claim the EVO cams work in the gts lancer, but need to be tuned to accommodate the great lift. If you are willing to be the guinea pig, you can try cams for the genesis.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
or am i totally off base i never tried to hybrid two types of engines together but i loved my srt and would be really interested in trying this. Someone let me know

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Would all the fuel items work with the rest of the car if you did a SRT top end?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
i would upgrade the fuel system too. I would basically do the darrel cox racing head and just build everything till it was ready to swap on to our bottom end. it would be expensive. But oh so awesome. does anyone know if this would work?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
yeah i am sure it would be but that srt topend is unbelievable oh and i still have alot of parts for it from when i striped my old srt before i traded it in

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was able to get a head from a mitsubishi lancer 2.0, soon I will be able to verify if the mitsu lancer head is the same as ours. My Forte is 2.4. Heads are the same in the lancer for 2.0 and 2.4 what changes is the block. If the head of the lancer turns out to be the same than the Forte's head then jackpot! Evo X cams will fit in our cars. And possibly genesis stock cams also

·
Registered
35 Posts
The head are different between Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai/KIA. Though there is a cam upgrade for the 2.0t in the genesis coupe, so those cams may work in the 2.4. They are turbo cams though, but I have read few lancer forums that claim the EVO cams work in the gts lancer, but need to be tuned to accommodate the great lift. If you are willing to be the guinea pig, you can try cams for the genesis.
It is true!, Evo X cams work on 2.4 lancer gts and make more than 10 hp reflashed

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
So is the lancer head the same as the forte head? I would love to do a cam upgrade to get more power!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Our cars run the 4B11 engines joint developed by Mitsubishi and Chrysler. The evo uses the 4B11T with forged internals. With modification it can work, but cost of r&d is going to be very high.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Woah woah woah!!! the heads on the mitsubishi are different! it will NOT work.
Don't say things like this....things like this actually killed the forum last year. We basically lost every person that could help out with engine stuff. Don't knock it till it's experimented with. In theory since they are sister engines there is a good chance of some parts being able to be swapped over. Btw we share the same lightweight pulley as the genesis. There's other parts that can fit from the gen with just a little bit of work.
Why would you knock on someone that is at least giving an attempt to help out our community? If you can say you've already tried swapping heads, then say it. Otherwise we need to show our support for the community.

Good luck with the attempt on the heads and let us know how it works out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts