Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
There are a lot of parts that potentially fit. I have been researching brake packages that might swap over from gen coupe to a forte.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I would love to see this pulled off and then i can try and do the SRT-4 head if this works but ill hold off for now to wait and see

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I need to find parts diagrams or engines and/or heads at a junkyard or something to find out. I'm really thinking something has to match up. My buddy who is a big EVO guy saw a genesis motor and thought it was an EVO motor so I know they are similar but that might be just it, similar but different.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Well I know for a fact from my own trial and error that while the evo x manifold fits on our cars the turbo is too big and does not. It hits the water pump hardline and the heater core hoses.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Well I know for a fact from my own trial and error that while the evo x manifold fits on our cars the turbo is too big and does not. It hits the water pump hardline and the heater core hoses.
Could you not move the lines?

·
Registered
41 Posts
alright i have been thinking about cams for quite some time now, i kno some guys at isky and idk why i havnt called them yet. maybe i will try to by next week and c what they think. if someone could get their hands on stock evo or some other option cams i would be willing to take my cover off and do some photos and compare for some starters

·
Registered
41 Posts
doing quick google image searching between the evo x head and our head they look almost identical

·
Registered
41 Posts
ya i saw that one, that just means the ports are different meaning manifold or header setups cant be interchanged. doesnt mean the head internal arnt the same or that the journals for the cams are all in the same place. if u search for images of the evo x and our motor with valve covers off and look at the top end they look identical

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Mitsubishi uses a different cvvt system than KIA, so the cams should be different shapes. Also, Mitsubishi uses variable timing on the intake and exhaust, where as KIA uses it on the intake only. Like I said, the best bet would be genesis cams, as the 2.0 in the genny is more similar than the EVO.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I found an exploded parts drawing of the 2.4 with Cvvt on both intake and exhaust, but I agree there are probably differences between Mitsubishi and Kia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't say things like this....things like this actually killed the forum last year. We basically lost every person that could help out with engine stuff. Don't knock it till it's experimented with. In theory since they are sister engines there is a good chance of some parts being able to be swapped over. Btw we share the same lightweight pulley as the genesis. There's other parts that can fit from the gen with just a little bit of work.
Why would you knock on someone that is at least giving an attempt to help out our community? If you can say you've already tried swapping heads, then say it. Otherwise we need to show our support for the community.

Good luck with the attempt on the heads and let us know how it works out.
No updates? I would like to upgrade my cams on my 2.0 forte if the genisis ones work perfect if not has anyone found otherwise?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts